Manager, Program Management - Customer Success and Innovation
Location: Austin, Texas
Job Type: Full time
Be brave, not perfect.
- Reshma Saujani
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
As a Manager of Team Operation Programs for Atlassian's Customer Success and Innovation (CSI), you will be responsible for managing a team of program managers that drive strategic programs across our customer-facing services teams. You will leverage your portfolio, program, and agile experience to develop the direction and roadmap for our Team Operations programs in the Americas, EMEA, and Asia Pacific regions. You will work closely with CSI leadership leaders from across the globe to prioritize programs across CSI, define success for the team, and provide program visibility across CSI and Atlassian.
- Cultivate Craft and Shared Practices: You will be responsible for cultivating a high-performing team of remote program managers and guiding them in leading strategic and complex initiatives across multiple CSI teams and/or Atlassian departments. You will advance our program management discipline and operational effectiveness by supporting the continual evolution of our processes. An important part of this role is creating team connections and culture across remote employees.
- Alignment Across All Program Portfolios: Collaborate with CSI leaders and our Atlassian counterparts to assist the program team in identifying, defining, prioritizing, and successfully delivering programs that drive operational efficiency including work management across teams, delivering consistency of quality and velocity across the business in pursuit of strategic outcomes.
- Create Work Visibility and Buy In: Develop clear reporting and measurement strategies for all programs within your team tailored to multiple levels of the organization from executive leadership to individual contributors.
- Identify Risks and Remove Blockers: Work with the team to better identify risks and blockers on an ongoing basis across all programs. Ensure risks have mitigation plans and assist your team in removing blockers they encounter.
- Identify Trends across CSI: The Team Operations Program Managers are usually tied to specific teams within CSI and an important part of the manager's role is to help identify trends you hear across your program team that might be a larger need that should be addressed within CSI and surface these to leadership.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- 2+ years of people management and 10+ years of project and program management experience
- Experience in Customer Success and/or Strategy and Operations
- Demonstrated ability to coach others in planning and delivering work with Agile frameworks
- A solid understanding of Program Management best practices and teaming methodology
- Hands-on experience with Jira and Confluence.
- Ability to travel 15% for strategic meetings and team togetherness
More about CSI team
It's all right there in the name when you join the Atlassian Customer Success and Innovation team you are at the heart of empowering our customers to do more with our products as they unleash the potential in their teams. You will contribute to customer success by tackling challenges head-on and providing unparalleled knowledge and best practices around our solutions. We are big on distributed collaboration and are passionate about our customer-first culture. Working in this team at Atlassian, you'll have a direct impact on some of our biggest accounts, fast. You won't get frustrated with bureaucracy or slow decision-making because we encourage innovative thinking. We don't just want to know your opinions; we want to see your ideas in action. We hire great people and then trust them to be great.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.
You’ve got this!