Senior Backend Software Engineer, Event Platform
Location: Mountain View, California
Job Type: Full time
Be brave, not perfect.
- Reshma Saujani
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Atlassian is looking for a highly motivated and talented engineer with hands-on experience designing and developing cloud-native platform serivces to join our team. Your solutions will address the needs of not just a single product at Atlassian, but Atlassian's entire product portfolio.
What you will work on
Event Platform is a critical part of Atlassian's success. We are the 4th most used service at Atlassian and we're on the mission to address all streaming (pub-sub) needs at Atlassian. As a Senior Backend Software Engineer joining the Event Platform team, you will be helping lead part of a team of talented engineers in designing and implementing innovative solutions to various services & features that the team owns. You will where you have been successfully leading team level initiatives. You will be growing into a role where you can start to drive multi-team and multi-functional level efforts.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- 5-8 years of experience building and developing backend systems
- Experience with public cloud infrastructure (e.g., AWS preferred)
- Experience crafting and implementing highly scalable and performant RESTful micro-services
- Experience with continuous delivery and infrastructure as code
- Experience in operations and being on-call
- Experience building a service from the ground up – from gathering requirements, design, build, deployment, and ownership
- A solid understanding of designing low latency and highly reliable platform services
- Experience setting standards and working on initiatives that impact an entire team
- Experience mentoring and leading other engineers
It's great, but not required if you have:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree with a preference for Computer Science degree
- Practical knowledge of agile software development methodologies (e.g., XP, scrum)
- Participated in company wide or industry events as a speaker
- Worked with partners in non-engineering functions to drive customer success
- Defined OKRs in connection to company initiatives
- Planned and estimated scope for multi-quarter technical projects
- Established architectural designs that impact and span multiple systems
Who will you be working with
The Event Platform team is passionate about technology, but also likes to take a break from work! We love going out for team lunches and we like to spend time together in team social events on Fridays. We are always growing, learning, and adapting, in and out of the office. You'll be joining a team that is smart and direct. We embody the Atlassian values, ask hard questions, and challenge each other to constantly improve our work.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.
You’ve got this!