Marketing Lead, Point A
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
We’re looking for a seasoned, expert product marketer to lead marketing efforts for one of Atlassian’s newest, most innovative products. You’ll drive the development and execution of a go-to-market strategy focused on acquiring, activating, and growing a base of free and paid customers of a category-defining product. This role will be a great fit if you thrive in fast-changing environments and love being both a player and coach.
In this role, you'll get to:
- Deeply understand the market landscape and target customer
- Develop and execute go-to-market strategy to acquire, activate, and grow customers
- Craft positioning and messaging that attracts customers and motivates action
- Increase awareness and improve adoption by producing marketing assets like videos, customer stories, blog posts, emails, and help articles
- Own the launch of new features and capabilities with a specific focus on outcomes over output
- Partner with cross-functional teams within marketing to devise and bring creative campaigns to market
- Enable customer-facing teams to sell and support the product more effectively
- Become a trusted partner to the product team and establish a continuous feedback loop that encompasses customer input, market trends, and competitive factors to influence product development
- Build and lead a small team of product marketers
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- 7-10+ years experience in a product marketing-focused roles
- 2-4 years of experience building and leading a product marketing team
- Strategic vision, yet crafty execution-style –you must think big and be able to get into the weeds
- Proven experience developing a successful go-to-market strategy for product with a self-serve motion
- Excellent written, verbal, and visual communication skills with a specific passion for storytelling
More about the team:
As part of Atlassian’s Point A group, product marketing works hand-in-hand with our partners in product management, engineering, and design to help define the market, find product-market fit, and refine product experiences as we better understand the needs of our current and future customers.
When we’re not partnering with the product team to inform the product vision, we’re working in lockstep with our end-to-end marketing teams: field marketing, demand generation, interactive, creative, and data analysts to achieve our customer acquisition and activation goals. This is a very cross-functional role, perfect for someone who is excited about finding the opportunity amidst the chaos and who is confident in their ability to prioritize and deliver measurable results in a world of never-ending opportunity.
We are a part of Team Anywhere, a global collection of ~7,000 Atlassians who live and work where they are most happy. Heart and balance is part of our culture, we work hard and aim high, but we also take time to play and enjoy life. We are direct but empathetic, and realize what you say is as important as how you say it. We like working here and we think you will too.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.
You’ve got this!