Senior Backend Software Engineer - Confluence Search
Location: Mountain View, California
Job Type: Full time
Show that gap who’s boss!
Women are 16% less likely than men to apply to a job once they’ve viewed it, but are 16% more likely to get hired after applying to a job.*
*LinkedIn Talent Solutions Gender Insights Report 2019
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Atlassian is looking for a talented Senior Back End Software Engineer to join the Confluence Search team in Mountain View or remote. The mission of the team is to anticipate user needs to personalize and accelerate teamwork. We build predictive features across Confluence all the way from data science, through the backend and frontend implementation. As a Senior Back End Engineer, you'll get a chance to work with a large volume of data and requests, and develop new microservices to iterate quickly on the solution. You'll work as part of a rapidly growing high-energy team delivering creative and delightful experiences to our customers. You'll collaborate with other engineers to write the best code for the project and deliver amazing results that our users love.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- Proficiency in Java programming and debugging
- Experience as a Feature/Technical Lead running medium complexity projects from planning to delivery
- Experience with Elasticsearch is highly preferred
- Solid fundamental skills in data structures, algorithms
- Strong engineering skills in building well-tested, reliable software components
- Ability to deep-dive and diagnose system bottlenecks via monitoring and metrics
- Knowledge to evaluate trade-offs between correctness, robustness, performance, space, and time
- Hands-on experience with public cloud offerings (e.g., AWS preferred)
It's great, but not required if you have:
- Experience crafting and implementing highly scalable and performant sync or async micro-services
- Experience working with large-scale distributed eventing systems, e.g. Kafka, SNS, SQS
- Experience with Databricks, Airflow, or prior knowledge about machine learning applications
- Familiarity with reactive programming frameworks, i.e. Spring Webflux, RXJava
- Practical knowledge of agile software development methodologies (e.g., Scrum)
- Experience with continuous delivery and infrastructure as code
- Experience with mentoring more junior folks
- Experience with data privacy-related compliance, e.g. FedRamp, HIPAA, GDPR
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.
You’ve got this!