Applications for this job have closed. Try searching for similar jobs.
Collaboration/AV Solutions Specialist - California
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Collaboration/AV Solutions Specialist
Are you interested in developing and implementing collaboration strategy to enable more than 9000 Atlassian's around the globe to do the best work of their lives, regardless of their location? Get on board as a Collaboration/AV Solutions Specialist based in the Bay Area!
As part of the Workplace Technology Collaboration Team, you'll be contributing to our global collaboration strategy, evaluating and implementing the latest available technologies to ensure Atlassian remains a leader as we continue to adopt new tools and practices to facilitate remote and hybrid work. You'll creatively guide, implement and supervise AV technology deployments for our US and European offices and help solve technical problems, small and large. You will also be involved implementing new software, creating documentation, training staff, project managing tasks, and working closely with vendors to get the most out of our investments. You will be the in-region go-to person for our all of our collaboration and AV solutions, and be strongly invested in ensuring local staff have great experiences with all we offer.
A typical work week might include: evaluating a new online collaboration solution, helping a business unit design a remote off-site experience, evaluating new video conferencing solutions, working with an AV integrator to specify the equipment needed for a new office fit out or refurb, meeting with a vendor for a roadmap or business review, reporting on project progress, assisting with executive setups, supporting on-site technology experiments or doing a deep dive into a new online collaboration app or smart building technology.
You'll bring your local industry knowledge to find improvement opportunities, participate in developing global AV standards, bills of materials, and help build robust and innovative collaboration capabilities that scale and operate efficiently. You will be involved in comparing, recommending, selecting and overseeing AV Vendors in the US and European regions. One thing we promise: you'll never be bored.
More about you
The right person for this job remains cool under pressure, managing constantly changing demands and priorities in a rapidly growing and changing organization. You're experienced with AV solutions but curious and enthusiastic about new technologies, self-motivated, manage your time well in all contexts, and know when to ask for direction. You actively seek to develop yourself and define your role. You are engaged in your working relationships, provide and receive feedback graciously, are experienced working with a globally distributed team, and training/mentoring of local support staff. You search for opportunities to innovate and keep Atlassian on the bleeding edge.
Responsibilities and what you'll be working on
- Multiple concurrent projects across Atlassian's global offices including new spaces, office reconfigurations/AV hardware refreshes (e.g Neat, Crestron/QSC/Logitech/Shure).
- Implementing and managing collaboration solutions (e.g. Zoom, Loom, Miro, AppSpace, Seenspire, Krisp etc)
- AV system upgrades, implementation and support escalations
- Designing and delivering or facilitating end user training
- Live streaming tools for internal events (e.g. town halls, team socials)
- Interest in studio setups, everything from small 1p recording booths, to larger podcast/video broadcast studios
- Working closely with other technology teams to integrate platforms with network, SSO and other services
Things we expect you to arrive with on Day 1:
- 6+ years working in IT in a large organization, ideally with most of that focussed on Workplace Technologies
- Solid understanding of video conferencing technologies including Zoom, Zoom Rooms, training rooms, town hall spaces, and other audio/visual solutions
- A keen interest in workplace collaboration tools and services
- Experience with IT/AV fit out of new or refreshed office spaces
- Project coordination experience
- Continuous improvement focus and high level support escalation
- Education and training for admin, support staff and end-users
- Vendor selection and relationship management (software and hardware)
- Strong awareness of security practices and precautions
- Documentation skills
- Evaluating vendors' technical documentation and aligning with business goals
- A self-starter able to work independently but comfortable working in a remote team environment
- An enthusiastic, technically proficient operator with a thirst for knowledge and innovation.
- A track record of delivering world-class customer experiences
- Ability to work with a global, remote and hybrid workforce
- Whilst you will have a great deal of flexibility to work from anywhere, there will be regular occasions where a physical presence is needed in various office locations, primarily San Francisco and Mountain View (on a weekly basis) with occasional visits to US east coast, Texas, and potentially Amsterdam and Sydney
Things that would be great but we already have or you can grow into:
- Experience evaluating, designing and deploying collaboration solutions (e.g. virtual white boarding and other asynchronous work-enabling technologies)
- Familiarity with Atlassian tools like Jira and Confluence
- Experience with smart building technologies
- Experience with digital signage technologies
- Experience with major/large-scale projects, and multiple concurrent projects would be well regarded.
- Familiarity with video and audio recording studios
- Knowledge of ITSM framework and its application in a Workplace Technology environment.
- Familiarity with network infrastructure services as they relate to collaboration solutions and end user requirements
- CTS or CTS-D certification
More about our Team
As a member of the Workplace Collaboration Team, you will be part of a globally distributed team focused on delivering, maintaining and supporting an exceptional workplace experience. Your immediate colleagues are based on Sydney but you will be working daily with multiple technical teams and project disciplines, including; evaluating and experimenting with innovations in the collaboration landscape, ensuring optimization of deployed technology including new features and services. You will work with the team to design, deliver and support innovative best of breed solutions.
At Atlassian, we tie our base pay ranges to role and level. In the United States, that means your base pay ranges will fall into one of three geographic pay zones depending on your location. Our current base pay ranges for new hires in each zone are:
Zone A: $130,800 - $200,700
Zone B: $117,700 - $180,600
Zone C: $108,600 - $166,600
Within each range, base pay is ultimately determined based on your skills, expertise, and experience. This role may also be eligible for benefits, bonuses, commissions, and/or equity.
Please see here for more information on which locations are included in each of our geographic pay zones. However, please confirm the zone for your specific location with your recruiter.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.