Senior Full Stack Software Engineer - Messaging & Targeting
Location: Mountain View, California
Job Type: Full time
The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity.
- Amelia Earhart
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Do you enjoy building data platforms? Do you love interacting with business stakeholders and solving complex data problems? Do you like seeing first-hand how your work makes a difference to the users of our system? If so, Atlassian is looking for a developer like you to work with us and do all these things! This is your opportunity to make an impact across development as a Senior Fullstack Engineer in our Messaging & Targeting team.
- MS/BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related subject.
- 8+ years of experience in designing and building a production-level data or web application.
- Experience in building frontend and backend web applications from the ground up using modern technologies – from gathering requirements, design, build, deploy, and ownership.
- Good experience with architecting and building scalable data platforms and tooling infrastructure for the teams.
- Proven experience with Java, Spring, Hibernate, Rest APIs, AWS, Docker, SQL, Microservices
- Knowledge of continuous integration and deployment tools (e.g. Git, Maven, Gradle, Bamboo, Jenkins)
- Experience in mentoring and coaching teammates.
- Ability to collaborate effectively on ideas and designs with some of the best architects and developers in Atlassian.
- Good communication skills; the ability to explain and present details to both technical and business audiences.
- Strong quality mindset and proven experience with testing practices and philosophy.
- Excellent troubleshooting, debugging, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Strong leadership skills to plan and work towards the team’s long term goals and roadmaps.
- Experience with a scripting language such as Python/Shell in a Linux environment.
- Self-starter and possesses strong self-motivation.
- Proven ability to drive cross-team technical discussions and decision making.
- Experience working with data management and MarTech platforms.
- Experience working across partner engineering teams and managing relationships.
- Design and develop messaging & targeting data platforms using the latest front and backend technologies.
- Mentor, coach, and guide other developers in the team via pair programming, tech design reviews, code reviews, brownbag sessions etc.
- Participate in all aspects of the project life-cycle, from ideation to specification to release.
- Partner with engineering teams to build user-friendly, scalable tools, and infrastructure to test and release software quickly.
More about our team
The team you’re going to join is spread across Bay Area & Bengaluru. Messaging & Targeting is a team of innovators and problem-solvers, with the autonomy and skills to make an impact. Our primary goal is to Protect the customer experience by providing visibility and coordination across all Messaging channels We are currently building audience management, targeting and personalization capabilities to empower teams in Atlassian to deliver product and marketing customer experience with speed and quality. As a senior engineer on the team, you would be addressing the toughest challenges in our development pipeline as we modernize our products. There are endless opportunities to wield and grow your automation, analysis, process-shaping, influencing, and leadership skills. Join the Messaging and Targeting team and help us engineer excellence into how we build the next generation of data platforms.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.
You’ve got this!