Engineering Manager, Trello
Location: New York, New York
Job Type: Full time
The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity.
- Amelia Earhart
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Our mission at Atlassian is to unleash the potential of every team. As an Engineering Manager for Trello, you will join an engineering-led company and the award-winning leader in software development and collaboration tools.
Trusted by over 50 million users, Trello is the visual collaboration tool that crafts a shared perspective on any project. We serve 1 Billion API requests per day, and handle 1.5 million concurrent users at peak.
Through a talented team, you'll drive your people, process, and outcomes and collaborate with broader Atlassian engineering teams.
You will lead a new team focused on landing new users who want to collaborate in Trello. This team will play a critical role in delivering on our product strategy and company mission to unleash the potential of all teams. You will be given broad autonomy to work with your design and product counterparts in crafting new experiences and features aimed at growing the Trello fanbase. This is a great job for engineering leaders who love to experiment and work collaboratively to find new opportunities for growth.
- Enable your multi-functional team to ship features quickly and safely as our team grows in size, providing them with the tooling and processes needed for success.
- Ability to drive technical excellence, pushing innovation and quality.
- Recruit and hire top talent and bring them in to a high performing team.
- Grow your team members' careers and keep them engaged.
- Support your team by holding regular one on ones, giving context on priorities, collaborating with other teams, unblocking projects, and resolving conflicts.
- Be both a technical leader and people manager responsible for guiding your team to make solid technical decisions for Trello's production backend system and client functionality.
- Help to prioritize and coordinate the team's work alongside your product management and design peers.
- Work with your engineering manager peers to continuously improve Trello's engineering team and processes.
MORE ABOUT YOU:
- 2-3 years of engineering management experience. Experience managing a high-performing organization of 8-10 engineers. Experience managing remote employees.
- Guiding your teams in understanding the right metrics to track and improve.
- Experience setting an incredibly high bar for excellence across your engineering team, and putting systems in place to measure against that bar.
- Customer focus. A passion for understanding customers and their needs. Empathizing with our customers is crucial in order to build the right set of engineering practices at Trello.
- Experience leading teams executing on product development, or working very closely with product development teams, as you'll be working closely with ours.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills: written and verbal, in-person, and remote.
- Thrive when developing people, not just products.
- Adept at prioritizing and balancing multiple projects in a constantly evolving environment.
- Help to prioritize and organize the team's work alongside your product management and design peers.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.
You’ve got this!