Applications for this job have closed. Try searching for similar jobs.
Security Intern, 2023 Summer U.S.
Location: Mountain View, California
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Join Atlassian as an intern and spend your summer with us having an impact on how millions of users collaborate with our software. The most amazing thinkers like NASA rocket scientists and Tesla engineers are coming to us for solutions. We're in the business of developing software to help teams everywhere get amazing ideas off the ground and into the world. Here you'll be encouraged to use your imagination and try new things. You'll be guided (as we are) by our core values, and will be supported by some of the best minds in tech. We want you to have everything you need to do amazing work from the get-go.
Are you energized by solving security challenges? We're looking for folks to help us in four important areas:
Build and run new monitoring and analytics systems to detect compromises.
Write automation to find and exploit vulnerabilities in our products and marketplace apps.
Research and suggest product features to harden our software against common vulnerabilities.
Architect and secure hardware, networks and corporate infrastructure.
As an intern in our security team, you'll watch over our Atlassian services which host tens of thousands of customers. You'll report to, and learn from, some of the best security engineers in the business. Apply for our Security Intern program to start an exciting career!
Not eligible for Visa sponsorship. Unfortunately, we do not offer U.S. work visa sponsorship to F-1 student graduates at this time.
More about you:
On your first day, we'll expect you to:
- Must be currently enrolled in a full-time degree program and returning to the program after the completion of the internship and graduating by June 2024
- Demonstrated interest in the security field through academic coursework, previous work or internship experience, or personal projects
- Be able to commit to a 12 week full-time (40 hours / week) internship during Summer 2023
- Comfortable writing code to accomplish goals and does not depend solely on third-party products
It's great, but not required, if you:
- Have an interest in software engineering demonstrated by previous internships, work experience, projects, or publications
- Knowledge of data structures, in particular how they are implemented and how to apply them to meet security challenges
- Familiarity with the application of common design patterns
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.