Machine Learning Intern, 2023 Summer U.S.
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity.
- Amelia Earhart
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Join Atlassian as an intern and spend your summer with us having impact on how millions of users collaborate and use software. The most amazing thinkers—like NASA rocket scientists and Tesla engineers—are coming to us for solutions. You will report to a manager in the Core Machine Learning team within the broader Analytics group. The team is tasked to pursue business opportunities that can produce revenue or MAU improvements. The team works multi-functionally across the organization, using insights generated by marketing and product analytics that can be scaled or automated to create value. The team focuses on growth and on velocity between brainstorming and initial output. Apply for our Summer 2023 intern program and start an awesome career!
Not eligible for Visa sponsorship. Unfortunately, we do not offer U.S. work visa sponsorship to F-1/OPT, J-1/TN, or H-1B students at this time.
- Must be currently enrolled in a full-time degree program and returning to the program after the completion of the internship, graduating by June 2024
- Be able to commit to a full-time (40hrs / week) 12-week internship
- You MUST choose which machine learning role you would like to be considered for from the options below.
As a Machine Learning Engineer Intern you...
- Help research, build, and implement machine learning pipeline tools, platforms, and algorithms
- Collaborate with our team of machine learning scientists to build production machine learning solutions
- Work with large datasets of behavioral and textual data
- Have experience with Python AND Java, Kotlin, or Scala
- Have experience in one or more SQL languages such as PostgreSQL, Redshift, MySQL, etc.
As a Machine Learning Scientist Intern you...
- Focus on ML applications and ideas for content recommendation, personalization, and insight generation
- Can build machine learning and predictive models
- Can translate business problems into technical solutions
- Have experience writing software with minimal bugs in Python, Scala, or Spark
- Have experience with SQL (Bonus!)
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.
You’ve got this!