Research Manager, Platform
Location: Mountain View, California
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or from an office (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
To help our teams work together, you will be located in the USA, Pacific Standard Time.
Your future team
Atlassian is searching for a Research Manager to join our growing team of research experts. You will join a, collaborative group that is helping Atlassian achieve our mission to unleash the potential of teams all over the world.
You are a lead researcher or research manager. Here, you'll manage a team of accomplished researchers. All while leading a team of researchers, demonstrating accountability for their craft quality with an emphasis on growing the capability of the team and encouraging demand for research and researchers.
What you'll do
- As a Research Manager at Atlassian, we're searching for someone to help us identify and understand the questions we need to answer to move strategy and execution forward in an important area of the platform, our buyer experience.
- You will shape research direction in partnership with our platform teams, and grow the capability of our researchers.
- Your research craft guidance will inform our platform experiences and strategy.
- You will collaborate with important partners across product management, design, analytics, data science, marketing, and engineering to influence experience design and direction.
- You will grow the desire for research in the space and help drive strategy.
- 5+ years hands-on experience designing and conducting user research that has had an impact. We expect to hear stories of how you and your research teams have influenced product roadmaps and informed design decisions.
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative research techniques (remote and in-person), and knowledge of when, why and how to apply them. We value your ability to be creative when thinking about the research problem you're trying to solve, and your ability to bring your team along on the journey of your discoveries.
- Influence and inspire change. You know how to advocate for research and researchers; you rely on qualitative and quantitative data to create ways of promoting your team's insights so they resonate and are impactful across diverse audiences.
- Experience collaborating with leaders to advocate for customer-centric and evidence-based decisions.
- Experience mentoring researchers and developing the skills of other researchers
It would be nice if you had:
- Experience growing researchers and research teams, guiding their craft and career development.
- Experience with high quality mixed-methods (qual and quant) research
- Experience with creative approaches to researching complex user experience challenges and communicate ideas through storytelling
- Experience managing researchers.
At Atlassian, we tie our base pay ranges to role and level. In the United States, that means your base pay ranges will fall into one of three geographic pay zones depending on your location. Our current base pay ranges for new hires in each zone are:
Zone A: $142,200 - $218,100
Zone B: $128,000 - $196,300
Zone C: $118,000 - $181,100
Within each range, base pay is ultimately determined based on your skills, expertise, and experience. This role may also be eligible for benefits, bonuses, commissions, and/or equity.
Please see here for more information on which locations are included in each of our geographic pay zones. However, please confirm the zone for your specific location with your recruiter.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.
You’ve got this!