Product Marketing Manager, Open Toolchain Data
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Atlassian is looking for a Product Marketing Manger to join our Open Toolchain PMM team. In this role you'll have an opportunity to shape the narrative and be the lead PMM for critical product capabilities that are part of our Agile and DevOps solutions. Reporting to the Director of Product Marketing, this person will work cross functionally across marketing, product, and other functions to lead product launches, define messaging, enable our field, run customer facing campaigns, and more.
The way products are built and distributed is changing fast and Atlassian is leading the way. Product marketing at Atlassian sits in the middle of product, design, engineering and almost every function in marketing. As a product marketer at Atlassian, you’ll have the opportunity to execute at scale, with the potential to have a huge impact on our business and make waves in our market.
What you'll do:
- Be the lead PMM for our data and automation product capabilities that are part of our Agile and DevOps solutions. Identify key use cases, shape the messaging, develop the stories, and promote to our customer base and the market at large.
- Create content that spotlights the value of our product capabilities, including blogs, demos, videos, webinars, website content, and more.
- Work closely with our product development team to shape the roadmap for our analytics capabilities in the Agile and DevOps solution.
- Become the PMM expert on your product capabilities with the ability to demo the product.
What you need to bring:
- Experience: 4-6 years of Product or Solutions marketing experience or Product Management experience
- Entrepreneurial Zeal: From leading a creative brainstorm to staying up on the newest growth hacking techniques, the ability to think outside the box and tackle problems you haven't encountered before is a must
- Curiosity: Software development is ever changing. Having the desire to challenge your self with keeping up with modern software trends will make you very successful in this role
- Charisma: You will need to influence cross-functional teams and get them excited about and invested in your projects and campaigns
- Decision Making Ability: Deftness in prioritizing among competing opportunities, balancing customer needs with business priorities, and articulating the rationale behind decisions to other stakeholders
- Written and verbal communication
- Creativity and problem solving ability
- BS/BA degree, bonus points for an MBA
- Bonus points for experience with DevOps, dev tooling, analytics tools, and/or deep experience with Atlassian tools
Proven Excellence in:
Who you'll be working with:
The Open Toolchain Product Marketing team is a high impact, collaborative team, with diverse backgrounds. You'll enjoy working in a fun, entrepreneurial, and fast-paced environment with sharp people on a like-minded mission. We take pride in playing as a team and contributing to the success of the company by throwing our combined weight behind the continued exponential growth of our products. The team you'll be working with appreciates data-driven discussions, candid feedback, genuine empathy, and a passion for pushing the envelope. We care deeply about the products, but even more so about one another, and truly believe that as a team there is nothing we cannot accomplish. If you're interested in joining the ranks of a hungry product marketing team that's determined to raise the bar and create one-of-a-kind experiences for our users, then we've been waiting for you.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.
You’ve got this!