Applications for this job have closed. Try searching for similar jobs.
Back End Software Engineer - Confluence Collaboration
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
Be brave, not perfect.
- Reshma Saujani
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Atlassian is looking for an experienced and talented Back End Developer to join the Confluence Collaboration team in Mountain View or remote. You will have a direct impact on the customer experience through the design and implementation of new features and functionalities in Confluence. The Collaboration team owns many interactive elements like comments, tasks, notifications and mentions. You'll work as part of a rapidly growing high-energy team delivering incredible, creative improvements to our product. You'll collaborate with other developers to write the best code for the project and deliver amazing results that our users love.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- Knowledge of the principles to construct fault-tolerance, reliable and durable software systems
- Knowledge to evaluate trade-offs between correctness, robustness, performance, space and time
- Real passion for collaboration and strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Broad knowledge and understanding of SaaS, PaaS, IaaS industry with hands-on experience of public cloud offerings (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Familiarity with cloud architecture patterns and an engineering discipline to produce software with quality
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent
- A desire to dive deep into user facing experience and build systems to help support them
It's great, but not required if you have:
- Experience crafting and implementing highly scalable and performant RESTful and GQL based micro-services
- Experience working with distributed eventing systems, i.e. Kafka
- Familiarity with reactive programming frameworks, i.e. Spring Webflux, RXJava
- Experience with large-scale distributed systems
- Practical knowledge of agile software development methodologies (e.g., XP, scrum)
- Experience with continuous delivery and infrastructure as code
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.