Applications for this job have closed. Try searching for similar jobs.
Senior Backend Software Engineer, Trello
Location: New York, New York
Job Type: Full time
Perfection not required
Excited about this role, but not sure if you meet 100% of the criteria? Employers would still love to hear from you.
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Here at Trello, we celebrate the many ways we work. With a team of over one hundred, we connect from all over the US, like Atlanta coworking spaces, Minnesota forests, Hawaii beaches, and our beautiful headquarters in Manhattan, to name a few places. We expect our developers to contribute more than just code. You'll be involved in defining how things work, what they do, and why we do that instead of something else. We also expect you to share your knowledge and expertise with everyone else. In other words, we're all whole humans and expect the same from you. If that interests you, read on to learn more about the role.
More About the Role
- You will add and support new features in Trello search and Trello workflow automation that will ship to over 50 million users.
- You will work with Product Managers, Designers, Testers, and other Developers to refine feature design and functionality.
- You will regularly tackle the team's most complex problems, from technical design to launch.
- You will build fast, testable, and high-quality server code.
- You will set the standard for thorough, meaningful code reviews.
- You will share knowledge and best practices to improve engineering excellence.
- You will iterate quickly based on user feedback.
- Our Engineers are very influential in decision-making. We hire creative people and give them the autonomy to do great work. We're firmly against artificial separations of responsibility and throwing work "over the wall."
- We built Trello to be a remarkably great place to work.
- Our office is in New York City (but you don't have to be).
More about You
- You have experience engineering software systems of medium-to-large scope and complexity.
- You have experience improving large-scale web applications.
- You have experience in platform integrations and migrations.
- You're passionate about making quick and easy-to-use features.
- You're passionate about understanding user problems and working with your team to ship and iterate on great solutions.
- You have experience coaching and mentoring teammates.
- You have experience driving change within teams.
- You have practical knowledge of agile software development methodologies (e.g., XP, Scrum).
- You have experience with modern testing frameworks.
- You strive to master any technology, language, or development environment that is needed or helpful.
- It's great, but not required if you have experience with Elasticsearch
- You have an excellent command of written and spoken English.
- You have a desire to work collaboratively on a geographically distributed, close-knit, remote-first team.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.