Senior Manager, Data Management
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
Be brave, not perfect.
- Reshma Saujani
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Your future team
We're looking for a Data leader with business instincts, management experience, analytics mastery, and experienced in improving data science efficiency. Someone who is passionate about applying these skills to lead data quality, reduce the need for data scientists to perform data engineering tasks, working across the organization to create the proper data layer to increase data science productivity.
What you'll do
- Develop relationships with leaders across data science, data engineering, data platform, and other teams to understand and influence requirements that support the strategic goals of Atlassian.
- Guide the creation of tools that allow a centralized data framework that improves the efficiency, quality and capabilities of all data analysts and scientists.
- Develop business cases and roadmaps for transformational data projects that unlock the potential of the team.
- Partner with the data engineering and platform teams to Identify, and support short, medium and long-term portfolio of projects that satisfies the data layer and quality roadmaps
- Work across marketing and product to develop monitoring and action plans across the data quality lifecycle (instrumentation → transformation → data/metrics/segments)
- Lead, coach, and build the data quality team within the Data Science team
- Collaborate with the Business Intelligence team to define and achieve standard segment and metric definitions and governance.
- Contribute into overall Data Science team OKRs
- Be part of building an outstanding analytics culture at Atlassian. Leading by example, through education and creation of self-service tools, to make a lasting change in how data is used to make decisions
- Ability to explain data science concepts to diverse audiences, and build decision confidence by sharing expertise of facts and uncertainties
- 3+ years of data science, analytics and/or data engineering leadership experience
- Experience applying analytics knowledge to work across data science, engineering, and platform teams to deliver foundational data layers.
- An Agile development mentality, appreciating the benefit of constant iteration and improvement
- A very high bar for output quality; with experience coaching teams to balance thoughtfulness, perfection and speed
- Familiarity working with Data Engineering, Product Management, Engineering, and Data Platform teams.
- Expertise in data manipulation and statistical programming languages (e.g. SQL, R, Python), and knowledge of cloud data environments (e.g. AWS)
- An understanding of the SaaS development, business model and metrics
- Experience in A/B experimentation
- A degree in a quantitative field (e.g. statistics, mathematics, physics, econometrics, or computer science)
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.
You’ve got this!