Technical Program Manager - Resiliency
Location: Mountain View, California
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Your future team
We're growing our Engineering Program Management team within our Engineering organization. The mission of our team is to work across Engineering to implement Cloud Engineering's technical strategy with greater velocity and more predictable outcomes for our customers. This team works with engineering leadership to ensure that programs are successful and scalable. This team influences strategy and aligns it with business goals.
We're hiring a Technical Program Manager for Resiliency, reporting to the Group TPM of Reliability. You will help shape a modern technical program management organization. The goal is to steer us through growth and improve our speed while moving toward our long-term goals. You will address a unique challenge of building agreement while removing barriers for our team.
As a cloud service provider, we build resiliency into our systems to ensure service and data availability for our customers.
As a member of this team, you have experience in program and product management, along with leading teams and programs to deliver successful outcomes. You will learn and understand business strategy, product direction, and technical architecture to influence decisions and accelerate programs at any level of depth.
What you'll do
- Be the Product Manager, and partner with SRE and Engineering teams
- Build a Resiliency scorecard, including defining the strategy, scope, and roadmap for resiliency and failover testing
- Implement Game Days and failover testing efforts for critical business systems
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of leadership experience on software teams as development manager or TPM
- Experience product managing cloud infrastructure products
- Understand Site Reliability Engineering and DevOps principles and Resilience/Chaos engineering concepts
- Experience leading projects spanning multiple teams, for example:
- Develop company level engineering roadmaps
- Create and guide company-wide disaster recovery metrics & standards
- Build disaster recovery operational processes
- Make important decisions to keep programs on track
- Manage enterprise risks
- Communication to partners
- Experience operating large fleet of cloud resources
- Experience with Agile software development processes
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.
You’ve got this!