Applications for this job have closed. Try searching for similar jobs.
Senior Manager, Sales Communications
Location: Austin, Texas
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Atlassian is looking for a Senior Manager, GTM Communications that will work as part of the Atlassian Enablement team focused on Communications to our Go-To-Market teams. For this role, we want someone who thinks strategically but executes tactically. The job is not just about newsletters, but also about how to optimize the change management and communications to our direct and partner GTM teams by partnering with and activating comms specialists across the business.
What You'll Do:
- Strategic Ownership: Support the GTM Leaders in maintaining a rhythm of the business (RoB) that drives execution of core business priorities, aligned messages, and priorities
- Partner with channel leadership, sales leadership, customer success and innovation leadership to align a communication calendar and cadence for Atlassian’s GTM vision and strategic imperatives through newsletters, slack channels, email distributions lists, quarterly business reviews, townhalls, all hands, department offsites, weekly updates, and bi-annual kickoffs
- Improve processes and document workflows
- Partner with corporate communications and other internal comms teams to deliver on an internal GTM communication (meetings, presentations, milestones, etc.) and external communication (customers, partners, etc.) strategy that reinforces Atlassian’s values, brand, and presence
- Drive and enable change management through effective and coordinates comms strategies and delivery mechanisms.
- Oversee strategy and execution of major sales events such as Revenue Kick Off (RKO) and Organizational Kick Off (OKO), Sales Town Halls, etc
- Proactively seek regular feedback from sales leadership and field on pain points, priorities and opportunity areas
- Drive continuous improvement in sales communication
- Stakeholder Management: Align with GTM leadership and management on key priorities
- Build relationships with key cross-functional communcations partners to understand how your content is being distributed and received and take action based on feedback
- Help facilitate collaboration between cross-functional teams
- Solve problems and manage input from multiple stakeholders; providing potential solutions when there is uncertainty and facilitating decision-making
- Measurement: Ensure that initiatives are measurable in terms of improving the capabilities of sellers and creating learning experiences
- Improving the efficiency of comms to reduce admin time looking for and consuming comms and reducing confusion of front line employees
- Support the creation of standardized metrics and evaluation processes across comms programs to ensure data driven approach when evaluating and addressing comms consumption and efficacy
- Monitor performance metrics of enablement comms programs and sales adoption
- Demonstrated understanding of Corporate Communications
- 7+ years of experience in designing, developing and testing programs and strategies for corporate communications
- 7+ years project management experience
- 7+ years communication theory application
- Ability to solve problems and manage input from multiple stakeholders; provide potential solutions when there is uncertainty and facilitate decision-making when there is not always a process, system or solution in place
- Ability and experience collaborating cross-functionally with internal teams and stakeholders across different functions and geographies
- Excellent organizational, independent productivity, and verbal and written communication skills
- Global mindset and the ability to view learning programs at scale
- Successful experience developing content through a GTM, sales, customer success, channel communications lens
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment with a passion for solving problems
- Demonstrated ability to build trusted relationships across diverse range of stakeholders and to work across boundaries to deliver results
- Successful experience working with internal communications in a XaaS environment
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.