Communications Manager, Customer Success & Innovation
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Atlassian is looking for a Communications Manager with an entrepreneur's mindset to be the voice of the Customer Success & Innovation organization (CSI). You will build strategic communications that raise awareness about what we're doing and the impact that we're having, increase acceptance of and excitement for our work, and can make complex topics understandable.
To be successful, you will liaise across multiple departments and with CSI's senior management to build and implement communication plans that manage the flow of news and information. Through a series of written and visual narratives, video and live events, you will determine how best to creatively bring stories to life on the most effective channels. As a Communications Manager, you will report directly to the Chief of Staff of Customer Success & Innovation (CSI).
What you'll do:
- Develop a communications program end-to-end globally that has clear goals and metrics
- Write and edit internal communications and Leadership messages across mediums and formats (blogs, presentations, talking points, Slack messages, emails, newsletters, infographics, podcasts, and videos)
- Ensure company news and key programs are cascaded through appropriate teams in the CSI organization
- Partner closely with teams to stay in the know and to implement integrated communication strategies
- Support communications content and planning during complex, and ambiguous situations
- Use project management skills to develop and implement processes, efficiencies, and guidelines
- You have a minimum of 8 years of communications experience with enterprise technology
- You have excellent writing, communication, and presentation skills
- You excel as an executor, bringing your skills including communications planning, writing, storytelling, research and audience insight to help build comprehensive communication strategies that work
- You have experience influencing others and getting people on board with an idea or direction
- You're comfortable working through ambiguity, and proactively breaking through potential obstacles and challenges
- You're experienced in various internal communications channels including digital tools (intranets, web initiatives, social media, etc.)
- You have creative chops, good-enough-to-be-dangerous skills for digital content content creation and basic graphic design
- You understand and digest the needs of the business and senior stakeholders while having the gravitas to advise and provide counsel on the best way to communicate information
- BA or BS required, preferably with a background in Communications, Journalism, English or related degree
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.
You’ve got this!