Principal Engineer, Design System Team - Accessibility
Location: Mountain View, California
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
To help our teams work together effectively, this role requires you to be located in the Pacific Time Zone.
Your Future Team
You'll be part the Atlassian Design System team. We make it easy to create simple, intuitive, and beautiful Atlassian experiences that users love. The team members have diverse backgrounds in software engineering, design, user experience, and content design.
We're hiring a Principal Engineer, reporting to one of the Engineering Managers of the Design System Team. You are an experienced frontend engineer with a background in digital accessibility and scaling frontend platforms. Here, you'll guide the group in building the future frontend infrastructure of Atlassian, improve accessibility, solve scaling-related problems, and ensure our frontend developers can do the best jobs of their lives.
What you'll do
- Partner with engineers, designers and managers to evolve the Atlassian Design System to provide digital Accessibility at scale
- Use understanding of assistive technology requirements to guide your team's implementation of performant, scalable Accessibility infrastructure
- Support the integration of Accessibility engineering principles throughout the software development lifecycle
- Build reusable and maintainable React components used by dozens of products
- Contribute to code reviews and documentation, and take on complex bug fixes
- Work on projects, from the technical design, implementation, and launch to operation
- Onboard and mentor other engineers
- 5+ years of experience in frontend development with focus on scale
- Deep subject matter expertise in digital Accessibility on desktop and mobile platforms
- Experience using or building Design systems
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.
You’ve got this!