Principal Full Stack Software Engineer, Product Growth
Location: Mountain View, California
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Product Growth teams work closely with product, platform, and data science teams to tackle the biggest opportunities that will bring us closer to our company-wide mission of scaling to 100 million MAU.
As a Principal Engineer, your primary focus will be to take ownership of the broad technical direction to ensure our products are evolving and sustainable for the long term while being a role model and mentor to others on the team.
What you'll do:
- Regularlytackle the largest and most complex problems on the team, from technical design to launch
- Provide technical leadership on high-impact projects and determine plans-of-attack on large projects
- Routinelytackle complex architecture challenges and apply architectural standards and start using them on new projects
- Be a champion across the org for continually raising the technical bar and evangelizing a high technical standard
- Partner across engineering teams to take on company-wide initiativesspanning multiple projects
- Transfer your depth of knowledge and share best engineering practices to improve engineering excellence
- Mentor and grow the next generation of technical leaders at Atlassian
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- Bachelors, Masters, or PhD in Computer science in a related technical field or similar experience
- Experience in systems engineering at scale with regards to testing, reliability, security, and observability
- Excellent communication skills in written and verbal forms, and an ability to communicate complex technical issues to a range of technical and non-technical audiences (management, peers)
- Passion for collaborating with and mentoring junior members of the team
- Considers the customer impact when making technical decisions
- It is great if you have:
- Familiarity with A/B testing techniques
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.
You’ve got this!