Engineering Manager, Messaging Platform
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
The Distribution Network team is comprised of people with backgrounds in messaging, ecosystem, e-commerce, and content management. We work across multiple products and web experiences to ensure our customers receive insightful recommendations to meet their unique needs, and we empower the Atlassian ecosystem with the ability to craft meaningful messages to promote features and apps.
We're hiring an Engineering Manager for the Messaging Platform team. Here, you'll manage a team that contributes to the success of both our customers and partners by building new features into our messaging platform that enables contextualized and personalized messages to reach our users providing them with valuable assistance and opportunities.
What you'll do:
- Partner with marketers, engineers, designers, product managers and Marketplace Partners to improve the way customers discover products, apps, and content.
- Maintain operational quality for your team's important services - we run services in production!
- Form, hire and grow a new team, and establish its culture, processes, and social connections
- Contribute to the definition of goals and strategy for your team
- Provide trusted engineering leadership direction and guidance for you team's projects
- Manage projects and roadmap for your team ensuring awareness of status, blockers and risk mitigating actions
- 2+ years of experience leading and growing a software engineering team
- Knowledge of distributed systems concepts, e.g. scaling, consistency and availability tradeoffs
- Great planning and dependency management skills
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.
You’ve got this!