Senior Marketing Data Scientist
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Your future team
Does the challenge of scaling a fast-growing company by powering it with data, reporting, and analytics excite you? Using your business instincts and technical creativity, you will empower marketing leaders to quickly and accurately measure the impact of our programs. We're growing quickly, so you'll need to define, implement, and scale the systems and processes for delivering insights to colleagues across the marketing organization. You'll be a phenomenal fit for this role if you enjoy finding patterns amidst chaos, making quick decisions, and aren't afraid of being wrong.
What you'll do
- Partner with Marketers to measure the business impact of their programs.
- Apply a variety of analytical techniques to size opportunities, understand our target customers and improve our marketing efforts.
- Scope, build and socialize dashboards to monitor the health of our new customer acquisition funnel and identify opportunities to improve acquisition efforts.
- Collaborate with Data Engineering, Machine Learning, FP&A and other Data Scientists to improve our data model and bring impact to our partners and customers.
- 5+ years of experience in analytics/data science fields
- Advanced proficiency in SQL
- Proficiency in at least one analytics and visualization tool such as Tableau, Mode, Looker
- Knowledge of marketing measurement techniques (attribution, causal impact, A/B testing, web analytics) that can be applied across marketing channels (email, paid, web)
- Ability to bring multiple data sources together to define metrics and craft compelling/accurate stories about business performance
- Experience collaborating with partners to translate data-driven insights into decisions and actions
- A curious nature and the drive to dig into data insights and proactively answer the "why" questions
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.
You’ve got this!