Engineering Manager, Trust Engineering
Location: Austin, Texas
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Atlassian helps teams everywhere change the world through the power of software and we are looking for a well-rounded Engineering Manager for Atlassian's Security Development team. This team is responsible for building and operating mature software systems to improve the entire company's security posture.
As an Engineering Manager, you'll be a technical leader and people manager, responsible for guiding the team to technical decisions for production services, helping prioritize and organize the team's work, and providing career growth and mentorship opportunities to your team.
If you are a strong leader interested in developing your info security expertise, this role is a rare opportunity to do just that!
What you will do:
- Be a people manager for a small development team and grow the careers of your direct reports
- Own the delivery of critical projects in a microservices environment
- Run agile processes for your team
- Ensure operational and quality metrics are achieved for your services
- Participate in hiring
- A track record of delivering projects on-time, in-scope, and within quality goals in an Agile environment
- 3+ years of software development experience, not necessarily writing code
- 1+ years managing and growing engineers
- Experience providing feedback and coaching engineers
- Excellent interpersonal skills to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience building SaaS software with a focus on operational excellence
- Experience with scalable, high-performance systems that are highly available
- A strong understanding of how to use metrics to guide technical decisions
- Familiarity with security systems would be a huge bonus
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.
You’ve got this!