Head of M&A Finance and Corporate Reporting
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Atlassian is hiring a Head of M&A Finance and Corporate Reporting within the FP&A organization. In this role, you will lead both the M&A finance and Corporate reporting teams and serve as an advisor to our business leaders on M&A and company financial performance. This role will report to the Head of Corporate Finance.
On the M&A finance side, you will partner with our Corporate Development team and business leaders on strategies to continue to delight Atlassian customers with awesome products and technology. You will drive a consistent financial approach to evaluating potential M&A targets, including a quantitative and qualitative approaches to account for various types of risk. You will play a critical role in business case development, financial due-diligence, and post-acquisition integration. Lastly, you will continue to develop, shape and elevate the M&A finance team.
On the Corporate reporting side, you will provide timely and insightful recommendations to our leaders on company financial performance and support strategic decisions. You will help further develop and sharpen our analytics on SaaS unit economics to evaluate business efficiencies to drive investment decisions. This is a highly visible role in the organization with close partnership with senior leaders across the company.
- Partner closely with Corporate Development and Product teams to accelerate Atlassian's business objectives through strategic M&A
- Build detailed financial models / projections with a deep understanding of the Target businesses and its underlying metrics and key performance indicators (KPIs). Also serve as an advisor to the business on the deals
- Plan and execute financial due diligence analysis, including, but not limited to, quality of earnings, net working capital, indebtedness, revenue retention, and run-rate financial performance, as well as directing third-party vendors
- Interface directly with Founders and senior leaders from Target companies to understand the trends and drivers of the business
- Drive integration plans from inception to completion, ensuring all work-stream deliverables are completed on time and with quality
- Mentor, develop, and further elevate M&A finance team
- Provide business insight on company financial performance to senior leaders, including quarter end packets to prepare CFO for board meeting and earnings
- Evolve SaaS unit economics to evaluate business efficiencies to drive investments
- Enhance free cash flow and balance sheet forecasts
- Work closely with the broader finance teams such as: Investor Relations on company financial performance and earnings; Total Rewards on annual compensation adjustments, bonus and equity plan, and share count and dilution forecasts; Accounting and Tax on non-standard transactions and tax planning; Treasury on FX hedges and investment income forecast
- Coach and develop reporting team
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- 8+ years of financial / analytical role in tech, consulting, or investment banking with 3+ years of M&A experience, 5+ years of people management. Experience in SaaS preferred
- Strong analytic / critical thinking, business partnership, communication, and cross functional collaboration skills
- Hands-on and strong financial modeling skills in Excel / Google Sheets
- Strong understanding of GAAP accounting principles and financial statements
- Ability to draw upon insights and tell a compelling story involving business metrics to help influence key decisions
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field (Finance, Accounting, Economics), MBA and/or CFA is a plus
More about our team:
Atlassian has a business model, with a focus on growth and profitability, that is rare among its growth technology peers. We also have an analytics DNA that runs deep through the company's core. FP&A is a highly visible team in the organization at the intersection of both these focus areas. The FP&A team is a hardworking and collaborative team with an unusual mix of technology industry, consulting and financial services background. Our responsibilities include facilitating planning, providing insight into business performance, supporting strategic decision-making and helping predict the future of the business. We encourage decision-making at every level and highly value an open-minded approach and organizational transparency. We work closely with business leaders across all areas of the business to support the Company’s continued growth. You'll join an extraordinary team that is passionate about Atlassian, its products, and its customers.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.
You’ve got this!