Principal Engineer, Team Enterprise - FedRAMP
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
With the 2019 Federal Cloud Computing Strategy accelerating the adoption of the cloud in Federal agencies and Atlassian being a cloud-first company, we want all of our cloud products to meet the requirements of the public sector and all regulated industry customers. As we continue to embark on this journey, we are seeking passionate and innovative engineers to join the Enterprise Trust Foundations: Regulated Industries team and help us realize this vision.
Your role in this team would be to understand our SaaS platform from every angle and redesign & develop our architecture to achieve and maintain compliance requirements globally.
In this role, you'll get to:
- Build solutions to achieve and maintain compliance standards such as SOC2, HIPAA, FedRAMP, C5, etc. across the Atlassian SaaS platform
- Be the authoritative source to the rest of Atlassian Engineering on compliance technical requirements
- Partner with several stakeholders across Atlassian, including product and infrastructure engineering, product security, risk and compliance, and other go-to-market functions
- Regularly tackle the largest and most complex problems on the team, from technical design to launch
- Determine plans of attack on large projects
- Be a champion across the team for continually raising the technical bar and evangelizing a high technical standard
- Transfer your depth of knowledge and share best engineering practices to improve engineering excellence
- Mentor more junior members
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- 8+ years of experience building software, with at least 2+ years of experience in crafting and implementing high-performance RESTful micro-services.
- 5+ years experience with Amazon Web Services (or any other public cloud).
- Experience with implementing compliance requirements in a modern SaaS environment. Expertise in FedRAMP, NIST 800-53 compliance frameworks is strongly preferred.
- Fluency in modern object-oriented programming language(s) such as Java, Kotlin, etc.
- Solid understanding of designing and building distributed systems.
- Experience with leading projects which cut across multiple teams.
- Hands-on experience with CI/CD and deploying services to a production environment.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS with hands-on experience with AWS.
- A real passion for and experience with cross-team collaboration with strong interpersonal skills.
- Experience in operational requirements and common challenges of cloud-based systems.
- Adept at working with minimal guidance and working with remote teams (peers, or customers).
- Experience working with agile software development methodologies (e.g., XP, scrum).
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent.
It's great, but not required if you have:
- Expertise in HIPAA, C5, and other compliance and regulatory frameworks
- Bitbucket, Bamboo, and Spinnaker experience
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.
You’ve got this!