Corporate Counsel - Securities & Governance
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
This is an incredible opportunity for you to serve as a trusted advisor to Atlassian’s executives, board, and Legal team and to have a front-row seat to Atlassian’s continued growth. Are you an attorney who is excited to work on cutting-edge corporate, securities, and governance issues for a rapidly growing international company? If so, read on!
More about the role:
Atlassian is looking to grow its Corporate Legal team. This key hire will touch all things corporate, securities and governance. Grow your skills and experience alongside Atlassian’s rocketship. You’ll play an integral role in Atlassian’s SEC reporting, equity and debt capital markets transactions, venture investments, corporate governance, and other key strategic transactions. This is a rare and tremendous opportunity to own and grow your career in a dynamic and values-oriented environment.
Matters You’ll Take On:
- Take ownership and accountability for key projects and decisions and see them through — doing the legwork to make sure that the appropriate stakeholders are engaged and providing rigorous follow-through and iteration
- Assist on cross-functional company projects related to governance, subsidiary maintenance, compliance, equity plan operations, and treasury support
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Finance, Tax, Stock Administration, Accounting, Total Rewards, Communications, Corporate Development, Product, and Engineering to manage corporate transactions and initiatives
- Support compliance and certification activities relating to various corporate policies, including Code of Conduct, Insider Trading, Whistleblower, and Anti-Corruption
- Assist with SEC reporting and securities compliance matters, including support in connection with the preparation of periodic reports, proxy statements, Section 16 reports, and registration statements
- Assist with M&A, venture investments, equity and debt financings, and other strategic transactions
- Support corporate governance matters, including meetings of our Board, its committees, and our shareholders
- Stay current on corporate governance trends and best practices and SEC and Nasdaq developments, including research or benchmarking projects
On the first day, you’ll be expected to have:
- JD and admission to one state bar
- 3-6 years relevant experience practicing corporate and securities law at a major law firm (and ideally, in-house)
- Highly collaborative, intellectually curious, and a great sense of humor
- Comfortable navigating complicated and nuanced issues
- Detail-oriented with excellent legal judgment, strong organizational skills, and proven ability to deliver creative, thoughtful, and business-oriented results
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to connect with, and gain the respect of, stakeholders at all levels, including our executive team
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.
You’ve got this!