Senior Software Engineer-Integrations, Jira Align
Location: Austin, Texas
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
If you are passionate about software and finding solutions to problems through agility, we want to talk with you! You will be a key contributor to the Jira Align Engineering Team, which strives to simplify software at scale by bringing business and software development organizations together in one intuitive platform.
In this role, you will be a Senior Software Engineer working with the Jira Align Integrations team on core connectors and API strategy. Leveraging your back-end and SaaS engineering knowledge, you will work in the integrations group of teams taking existing integrations to the next level in areas of quality, and scalability to support millions of users.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Jira Align team, you will be counted on to provide guidance and mentorship with hands-on development of internal development, automation, and continuous integration processes. You will have a lot of autonomy and the opportunity to be involved in many different aspects of Jira Align.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- 7+ years of professional experience in a software development team
- Strong fundamental software development skills
- Strong proficiency in web-based applications and architecture
- Experience building and integrating REST APIs
- Experience building distributed systems for a SaaS product
- Strong proficiency in building new and evolving existing scalable backends for SaaS-based product
- Fluency in the Microsoft tech stack / languages (.Net, C#, scripting languages, etc.) with the ability to review code & provide feedback, etc.
- Experience working with Amazon Web Services
- Experience on MSSQL database performance optimizations
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Security driven mindset for feature and defect delivery
- You have experience making progress through product experimentation.
- You value progress over perfection and have a track record of shipping value to customers.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Resolve complex customer issues involving code error diagnosis, debugging, validation, and root cause analysis.
- Mentor more junior engineers
- Apply architectural standards to projects
- Contribute to code reviews
- Begin writing useful technical documentation
It's great, but not required, if you have:
- Automated deployment and release management tools (ex. Octopus)
- Scripting languages
More about our team
You’ll be joining a team that is passionate about building great software and quickly iterating on ideas and work to provide customers with continuously improving experience. We challenge each other constantly to improve, always asking difficult questions and pushing personal and professional growth. This team is focused on building features for enterprise-scale customers with improved performance, scalability and security in mind. Our team has a direct impact on the growth of Atlassian.
More about Atlassian
Software is changing the world, and we’re at the center of it all. With a customer list that reads like a who's who in tech, and a highly disruptive business model, we’re advancing the art of team collaboration with products like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, Trello, and now Jira Align. Driven by honest values, an amazing culture, and consistent revenue growth, we’re out to unleash the potential of every team. From Amsterdam and Austin to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who are powered by passion and eager to do the best work of their lives in a highly autonomous yet collaborative, no B.S. environment.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.
You’ve got this!