Engineering Manager, Cloud Security
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Your future team
Atlassian's Enterprise Access cloud team is transforming how companies adopt Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, Trello, and more. Our team builds new capabilities to serve the needs of our largest customers as they adopt our SaaS offerings. By unlocking the potential of the administrators of our products, we allow them to unleash the potential of their teams.
Atlassian's Access product team is looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to join our growing Cloud Security team. Are you creative and one who works diligently to ship code early and often? Does working on a project that strengthens Atlassian's cloud platform sounds exiciting? Do you want to build services that power innovation across Atlassian's products? If yes, come join us at Atlassian and work on the Cloud Security team!
What you'll do
- Hire, manage, facilitate, and grow a team to help develop features to manage security on our Atlassian products. We make it simple to secure user identities in Atlassian
- Partner with architects, product management and design teams to build a feature roadmap to allow us in the best of ways to deliver a high-quality experiences to our customers
- Partner with leadership, team members and partner teams to develop new features and integrations to the Atlassian Access products
- Grow and nurture a motivated team so as to meet our goals
- Identify goals, blockers and define success metrics ensuring we align with our organization goals
- Manage delivery timelines and partner conversations to help make decisions.
- 3+ years of software development management experience
- BS (or higher) in CS or related field
- Experience working in cloud enterprise software
- Knowledge of Agile software development methodologies (e.g., XP, scrum).
- Demonstrated experience in mentoring, growing teams to help in talent retention
- Contribute to the technical and business strategy of the team
- Experience in modern, object-oriented, distributed-systems, programming languages such as Java.
- Programming experience in Java or similar languages, and foundation in data structures, algorithms and distributed system
- Passionate about building services on cloud environments such as AWS, GCP, Azure or similar.
- Knowledge of scalable micro-services, REST-based APIs, Node JS
- Familiarity with developer tools like BitBucket, Jira & Confluence
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.
You’ve got this!