Senior Field Marketing Manager, Channel
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
The Atlassian Field Marketing team develops strategies to execute digital and face-to-face event programs, including webinars, demos, third-party events and Atlassian hosted-events, that drive lead gen and enable sales and marketing teams to meet or exceed their booking targets. Atlassian is looking for a motivated, self-starter who is creative, analytical and pragmatic with a relaxed, yet enthusiastic attitude. Do you have what it takes to build valuable lead generating programs on a global scale? If so, we want to talk to you.
As a Senior Field Marketing Manager, you will be a rockstar thought leader around event and field marketing communications, lead generation, and event demand gen strategy specially for our channel and strategic partners. You have also obtained mastery experience with event operations, contract negotiating, digital event experiences and cross-functional partner relations. You are a leader and can manage cross-functional teams with strong technical acumen grounded by data and measurable results.
In this role, you'll be responsible for:
- Field Marketing strategy: Collaborate with channel, partnerships, sales and marketing teams to develop event strategies for digital and face-to-face field marketing events (webinars, demos, third-party events and Atlassian hosted-events) that include input from product business owners, and align with overall Atlassian GTM sales initiatives, strategy and branding. You know how to think about overall event design that will drive demand gen activity, generate high lead volume and achieve measurable results. Plus, you can act as the primary stakeholder and strategy driver for all assigned programs.
- Event Operations: Execute all programs with operational excellence including managing budgets, internal/external stakeholders, marketing and creative teams, facilities, event technology, shipping, booth builds, booth traffic and engagement activities, and other event logistics. You will deliver flawless field event operations including contract negotiation, manage vendor/partner relationships, development/management of all project plans and timelines, all with the goal of demand gen and sales targets in mind. Given events are mostly digital at this point in time, previous digital event experience running programs on On24, Swoogo, Kaltura, etc. is required.
- Campaign management & lead generation: Execute event programs that obtain new leads, create net-new sales opportunities, accelerate existing sales opportunities and deepen our existing customer relationships. Strategize, build and execute integrated field campaigns that involve email marketing, and other channels by partnering with the Customer Lifecycle Management (CLM) team, performance marketing, and others on the execution. This includes helping drive lead follow-up plans and handling, lead nurturing based on the products and/or solutions messaged at an event, and working with CLM and sales on tracking ROI (return on investment) and metrics at each event.
- Event measurement: Create measurement criteria and manage feedback loop with cross-functional teams to continually measure program effectiveness – define and refine event metrics as part of overall GTM sales initiatives and marketing objectives. Collaborate with key internal and external stakeholders to continually refine best practices, and work with Marketing Analytics (MAT) and sales on calculating the ROI, ROE (return on experience), and VAR (value above replacement) metrics.
- Product expertise and booth staffing: As the driver of assigned trade shows, product expertise and/or technically thinking / speaking abilities are required to engage with customers and prospects at a high-level to help generate leads and drive traffic to the booth for the programs assigned. This also requires the ability to travel to show-site for all program days, work the expo floor, and have an active role in booth staffing.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- 7+ years of field marketing, event operations, marketing, and demand generation experience (preferably in high tech)
- 5+ years working with cross-functional teams or stakeholders, particularly channel and partner organizations
- Digital event experience in webinars, multi-day events or demos
- Direct experience and ownership of producing various-sized programs and budgets
- Project management expertise
- Event strategy experience from program goals to show management
- Design and management experience of event design in support of incredible attendee event experiences
- Cultivate strong relationships with key internal and external partners and display excellent communication skills with all stakeholders
- High degree of international project management experience including experience with localization, translation services, VAT etc.
- Excellent communication skills
- Accept changes with short notice and tolerate frequent interruptions
- A strong handle on working with budgets, event contracts, expenses & accounts payable
- Superb prioritization skills to individually detect and deliver the most important things first
- Ability to effectively delegate work across virtual teams and build strong peer relationships
- Ability to multitask and take the lead on several events simultaneously
- Willingness to singularly manage all aspects of a program
- Excellent eye for detail
It's admired, but not required, if you have:
- Creative communications skills
- Experience from both corporate and event agency (especially with event management and execution)
- Microsoft Office/Mac/Google Skills, CRM, Adobe and generally strong presentation skills (including strong written and verbal communication skills)
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.
You’ve got this!