Operational Audit Intern, 2023 Summer U.S.
Location: Mountain View, California
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Atlassian is searching for a summer intern to join our Operational Audit team. You will join a team that helps our company meet our goals through independent reviews and assessments of operational risks.
You will build valuable relationships across departments and design practical and thoughtful recommendations as process owners remediate findings and implement new processes. You will be part of a dynamic team that collaborates with all parts of our business, examining business processes and internal controls with an eye for improving efficiency and compliance. You will share your experience and great ideas to help enhance the ways Internal Audit and all of Atlassian work, allowing win-win solutions to our business challenges.
Unfortunately, we do not offer U.S. work visa sponsorship to F-1/OPT, J-1/TN, or H-1B student graduates at this time.
What you'll do
- Perform audit activities observing professional standards and Atlassian's Methodology
- Contribute to the planning, fieldwork and reporting phases of an operational audit project
- Help with ad-hoc projects to help increase the effectiveness of our team
- Gain insight into other departments by getting a close understanding of how different departments do their jobs
- Gain experience deploying Atlassian products (Jira, Confluence, and more.)
- You love working in a fast-growing ever-evolving environment
- You have a desire to guide and facilitate impact, and demonstrate vitality with projects big and small
- You enjoy collaborating with wide variety of partners to identify and address risks
- You are someone who excels in a fun and dynamic team, with plenty of opportunities to learn and develop
- You understand finance, accounting, auditing, financial systems, and technology
- Be part of a finance, accounting, or information systems degree program and graduating in the Spring/Summer of 2024
- Be able to commit to at least a 12 week full-time (40hrs/week) internship during Summer 2023
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.
You’ve got this!