Senior Software Engineer, Developer Productivity Services
Location: Mountain View, California
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Atlassian is looking for a passionate software engineer to join our Developer Productivity Services team. You'll be working to design and develop code quality infrastructure and tools that will help us to deliver awesome products such as Jira, Trello, and Confluence!
Dedicated to elevating developer productivity, the DPS team is part of the Development Tooling team with members in the U.S., and Sydney. We love the technology, and we love working with each other! We follow an agile process and leverage the latest technologies from open source and the industry.
- Comfortable owning the infrastructure and pragmatically solving problems dealing with complex systems.
- Working with developers to support the latest features that we have in development, such as test analytics, dependency management, and code quality analytics.
On your first day, we’d love you to have:
- 5+ years experience in a similar build engineering or tools development role
- Strong coding skills: Node.js, Python, Go, or Java
- Proficiency with containerization and cloud technologies: Docker, Kubernetes, Helm, AWS
- Successful track record of shipping production quality APIs and/or microservices
- Strong interpersonal skills and an interest in working collaboratively with team members all over the world
- Passion about developer happiness
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- You have experience making progress through product experimentation
- You value progress over perfection and have a track record of shipping value to customers.
It's great, but not required if you have:
- Knowledge of: Renovate, npm, pip, maven, Gradle
- Experience with build and dependency tools
- Experience with infrastructure management tools such as Terraform or Ansible
- Experience working with agile software development methodologies
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.
You’ve got this!