Manager, Solutions Engineering - ITSM
Location: Austin, Texas
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Atlassian is looking for a Solutions Engineering Manager passionate about leading a team of ITSM Solutions Engineers (SEs), who play a crucial role in Atlassian enterprise sales. This team connects customer needs with service management solutions powered by Jira Service Management. You'll report to the Head of the Americas SE team and work directly with the enterprise sales leadership and channel partners to grow the sales pipeline and help the team strategize on how to navigate sales cycles, provide compelling value-based solution demonstrations, support guided product evaluations (PoV), and close business. This may be your dream job if you're a top-performing enterprise Solutions Engineering Manager who's passionate about teams and customers.
What You'll Do:
- Manage a team of pre-sales Solutions Engineers who work closely with our Jira Service Management enterprise overlay sales team.
- Guide your team to demonstrate the value of the Atlassian platform and products to customers, discover customers' business and technical needs, and deliver value-focused presentations and demonstrations.
- Establish strong relationships with customers and partners and internal in sales leadership, product management, and teams across the customer success organization.
- Create strategies that allow our Solution Engineering team to scale, accelerate deal cycles and validate Jira Service Management for technical teams.
- Partner with teams across Atlassian (sales, marketing, channel, technical account managers, customer success managers, etc.) to drive customer success with positive outcomes that lead to successful adoption of Jira Service Management.
- Work with product management to improve Atlassian's product line and provide customer feedback.
- Coach team members according to the demands of the business and according to their individual career goals.
We're looking for a dynamic team member who will both teach and learn from all of us on the Solutions Engineering team. On paper, you have 5+ years of experience interacting with enterprise customers in a pre-sales or consulting leadership capacity. More importantly, you motivate your team and can interpret complex problem statements, boil them down into simple solutions, and collaborate with prospects, channel partners, the Atlassian sales team, and the SE team to deliver winning solutions. You're equally comfortable in both a business and technical context, interacting with executives or talking shop with strong technical audiences. You love to learn, tolerate failure, and are passionate about making clients successful.
Familiarity with Atlassian products is a strong plus but not required. You understand the process by which software gets defined, built, and deployed, and you have experience or familiarity with the ITSM, Agile, and DevOps solution spaces. As a bonus, you can wow us with your vision for how these solution spaces come together and how practice frameworks like ITIL 4 and DevOps are helping transform organizations.
You'll be working alongside a globally distributed SE team, speaking with Global 2000 companies every day, and collaborating closely with our sales teams to provide an Enterprise grade experience to our customers. We're a get s#$% done global team, built on Atlassian's core values. If this mirrors how you want to work, then we are excited to have you join the team and help our company grow and change for the better.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.
You’ve got this!