Product Designer, Confluence Content Engagement (West Coast Remote)
Location: Remote - US only
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Confluence is your remote-friendly team workspace where knowledge and collaboration meet. Create, collaborate, and organize all your work in one place. Confluence is built for teams that need a secure and reliable way to manage knowledge and collaborate on mission-critical projects.
About the role
- We are looking for a Product Designer to join the Confluence team, focusing on experiences across Confluence. This individual will work closely with our content creation team to design and build features that enhance customers ability to create, collaborate, and comment on pages. As a Product Designer on Confluence, you will be part of the content engagement team whose charter is to become the indispensable knowledge and collaborative workspace, for every team within an organization.
In this role, you'll get to:
- Work closely with designers, product managers, engineering, and other cross-functional partners to define product strategy and champion elegant user experiences in our product.
- Facilitate workshops with designers, engineers and product managers to establish project scope and explore a breadth of potential solutions
- Drive design thinking and lead design work across key Confluence experiences.
- Flex your storytelling and collaboration muscles, working as a part of a collaborative team
- Help your team plan, prepare and in some situations conduct exploratory user research
- Establish design principles that will serve as guardrails for end to end thinking
- Influence and shape the way our Confluence design team works and how we balance shipping with high-quality experiences.
- Engage with Atlassian's close-knit design community. Collaborate with both Confluence designers and platform designers to help improve your designs and also to socialize your work with other teams.
- 3-5 years of hands-on professional experience as a UX or Product Designer.
- A track record of delivering outcomes where you've contributed to the success of a product.
- Ability to build consensus with cross functional peers, key partners and executives across a business to influence a result.
- Achieved a proficiency in your craft, validated through conceptual thinking & modeling, user-centeredness and analysis, and an understanding of technical & product knowledge.
- Strong facilitation and collaboration abilities, a flexible and friendly approach to working with teams, and the attitude to always strive for the best outcomes.
- Strong executional skills and familiarity with tools such as Figma.
The ideal candidate will bring:
- A portfolio that demonstrates strong user experience and interaction design informed by empathy for the user.
- Demonstrated love of the open, iterative design process – constantly sketching, showing work in progress, validating with customers and data, iterating, shipping, learning, growing, and shipping customer value some more
- Facilitation and cross-functional collaboration skills: you can demonstrate the ability to work across multiple teams, solicit and synthesize feedback, and facilitate design discussions
It's great, but not required if you have:
- Have experience working on content creation tools and or applications
- Experience with SaaS, or complex enterprise applications.
- If you've used Confluence, Notion, Quip, Wordpress, Coda, in a professional setting.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.
You’ve got this!