Program Manager - Employment Law Team
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
We're looking for a talented Program Manager to join our dynamic and collaborative employment law team at Atlassian! In this position, reporting to the Head of Global Employment Law, you will have an opportunity to level up the employment law team and help build and operationalize global programs impacting Atlassian’s workforce.
Successful candidates will have a solid track record of program and project management and will have demonstrated leadership skills and ability to effectively influence, along with superior organizational and communication skills.
In This Role, You’ll Get To:
- Build the employment law team’s foundational systems and processes that will enable the team to effectively support our business partners and Atlassian’s exponential growth. This includes setting up standardized processes using Atlassian’s tools, creating automated workflows, and building documentation management systems.
- Partner closely with teams across the business to identify global initiatives the employment law team will prioritize. These programs may include those related to, among others, TEAM Anywhere (distributed work), employment law compliance, and mergers and acquisitions.
- Develop and execute program/project plans, which can include goal setting, use case development, stakeholder engagement, roles and responsibilities (RACI), risks, milestones, and resource tracking
- Set up, develop the agenda for, and run project team meetings
- Establish reasonable, and manage, project timelines
- Keep the project on track
- Identify project gaps and blockers and take action to resolve them effectively
- Identify, build relationships with, communicate with, connect, and influence stakeholders to facilitate timely and effective progress of project
- Ensure the project’s goals are attained or reprioritized if necessary
- Conduct retrospectives that assess and document learnings, analysis, and feedback from the project team
More About You:
- Ability to handle an entire business problem and build solutions
- Experience leading and delivering projects spanning multiple teams
- Ability to connect with people all over the globe at multiple levels of seniority across legal, people, and business teams
- Experience being accountable for managing multiple tasks and schedules simultaneously
- Proactive approach to identifying and addressing risks associated with the program
- Ability to make critical and timely decisions to keep a project on track
- Learning agility
- Wisdom to know when to run with something on your own and when to ask for help
On Your First Day, We’ll Expect You to Have:
- 5+ years of proven experience as a program manager
- Self-starter with strong work ethic and ability to produce high quality work quickly and efficiently in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to manage and handle sensitive and confidential information with the highest levels of integrity, ethical standards, discretion, and sound judgment
- Excellent interpersonal and oral/written communications skills, with a demonstrated record of cross-functional collaboration, being a team player, and forming strong working relationships with stakeholders
- Detail oriented and highly organized
Extras You Might Bring with You:
- Program management experience with people- or legal- related programs
- Experience with employment laws across the globe
- Experience with Atlassian products
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.
You’ve got this!