Engineering Manager, Enterprise Cloud Administration
Location: Mountain View, California
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Your future team
Atlassian is looking for an experienced engineering manager to manage the Cloud Administration team. This team is focused on delivering frictionless and delightful Atlassian admin experience that empowers admins to manage every aspect of their organization, improves their productivity, and helps reduce security and compliance risks. Within this scope, the team's focus is on foundational admin-facing capabilities available across all editions.
This is a full-stack team responsible for delivering feature functionality into Atlassian's administration portal admin.atlassian.com. You will manage a group of accomplished engineers at varying job levels, from new college graduates to senior engineers. You will be responsible for their daily work as well as mentoring them as they climb up their career ladders. You will work closely with your design and product management counterparts to fill use case gaps, improve API footprint, and improve on user experience.
What you'll do
- Detailed execution plans for products and features
- Manage customer issues, escalations, be involved in other customer interactions like product feedback
- Participate in hiring planning and other budgeting exercises
- Inspire innovation and operational excellence within the team
- Collaborate with stakeholders to get clarity on priorities, scheduling and scope of work
- Participate in technical/architectural discussions, provide direction when necessary, drive outcomes
- At least 5 years Industry experience working as a hands-on engineering manager, managing a team of engineers
- Fluency in Java (or other object-oriented programming languages)
- At least 5 years of industry experience as a backend or full stack engineer
- At least 3 years of experience building distributed systems for a SaaS product
- At least 3 years of experience leading Engineering teams for a SaaS product without QA teams
- Comfortable with a once a month on-call 24x7 rotation, and promoting a culture of continuous improvement from the ashes of incidents
- Passionate about mentoring engineers and helping others achieve their career goals
- Partnering with product managers and designers to create the course of a product
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.
You’ve got this!