Engineering Manager, Trello (Developer Lifecycle)
Location: New York, New York
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
We are looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to champion developer efficiency initiatives for all of Trello Engineering. The Developer Lifecycle Team's mission is to make it easier and safer for our engineers to make changes to Trello by tightening loops between writing code and seeing its impact on users and removing toil in our development processes.
You'll be responsible for empowering the team to achieve their goals and putting those goals into a broader context. You'll need to guide the team to have a lasting impact while looking after the individuals reporting to you, coaching and supporting them in their professional development, unlocking their potential, and challenging them to step outside their comfort zone to grow and excel.
- Define best practices, education and documentation for building high quality software
- Deliver quality releases by providing tools and processes that bring end to end, failure resilient automation to our release process
- Proven ability to lead complex projects and collaborate with multiple stakeholders
- Driving technical excellence, pushing innovation and quality
- Guide your team in understanding the right metrics to track and improve
- Support your team by holding regular one on ones, giving context on priorities, collaborating with other teams, unblocking projects, and resolving conflicts
- Work with your engineering manager peers to continuously improve Trello's engineering processes
More About You:
- U.S. Bachelor or higher degree or its equivalent in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems Management or a closely related field of study
- 3 years of engineering management experience, leading a high-performing organization of 8-10 remote engineers
- Familiarity with agile software development methodologies
- Strong passion for making developers highly productive
- Experience growing and managing the performance of an engineering team
- Demonstrated experience building and running production-grade development systems
- Experience scaling any or all components of an enterprise development pipeline from source control to final release
- Experience in DevOps, continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Experience in scaling and evolving large-scale codebases
- Experience establishing and tracking shared goals that drive cross-organisational efforts
- Customer focus. A passion for understanding customers and their needs. Empathizing with our customers is crucial in order to build the right set of engineering practices at Trello
- Outstanding interpersonal skills: written and verbal, in-person and remote
- Adept at prioritizing and balancing multiple projects in a constantly evolving environment
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.
You’ve got this!