Head of Strategic Engagement Management - AMER
Location: Austin, Texas
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
The Atlassian Advisory Services team is a globally distributed team of Atlassian solutions advisors who are passionate about creating customer success. Advisory Services team members engage with enterprise organizations with some of the most complex business challenges and help them deliver a delightful solution to their users. We provide teams of trusted advisors helping orchestrate successful outcomes with customers to help them get the most out of their Atlassian investment and unlock their ideal solution for team collaboration. At Atlassian, you'll have an impact on millions of users, fast! We don't just want to know your opinions, we want to see your ideas in action. We hire great people and then trust them to be great.
We're hiring a Head of Strategic Engagement Management, reporting to the Head of Advisory Services for the Americas, to own and orchestrate the strategy and operations of our Atlassian Advisory Services Strategic Engagement Management team.
Strategic Engagement Managers (SEMs) are experienced relationship managers responsible for building responsible for owning and up-leveling the client's services engagement experience within Advisory Services. Strategic Engagement Managers help orchestrate our teams inside and outside of Atlassian, as well as identify additional opportunities to position Service offerings from Advisory Services and our Channel partners.
Within Advisory Services, you will work alongside the Head of Solution Delivery and our Services Solutions Advocates team within your region and you will also collaborate with Advisory Services leaders across the globe.
Across Atlassian, you will partner with our Go-To-Market leadership to identify and amplify opportunities to accelerate client growth with products and Advisory Services. Additionally, you will also own collection and analysis of customer health across engagements, highlighting actionable trends that impact growth and/or customer satisfaction.
You lead with empathy and are motivated by your team's success. You are a life-long learner and you look at failure as a necessary step in the journey towards knowledge/skill acquisition.
People describe you as someone who can set the right direction and expectations across time zones and cultures, and have the right balance of identifying new ways of building business and solving risks to current execution and scale.
You are experienced and experienced at working with decision-makers across functional groups and with executive leadership within enterprise-sized customer organizations and you're able to coach others to establish the right strategy for unlocking opportunities within a portfolio of customer accounts.
You understand the process by which software is defined, built, and deployed and you have working knowledge of ITSM, Enterprise Agility, and DevOps. You are familiar with Atlassian's product offerings and how they help accelerate customer value realization.
What You'll Do
- Lead strategy and operations for the Advisory Services Strategic Engagement Management team
- Establish measures, gather, and analyze customer and engagement health for regional engagements
- Staff, onboard, and skill-up new managers
- Support the demand pipeline by partnering with Services Solutions Advocates
- Lead strategy for staffing (forecast, process) for SEM within region
- Managing the quality of relationship management for your team's engagements
- Work with Atlassian Solution Partners & Services Solutions Advocates to identify Advisory Services and partner co-delivery opportunities
- Engage with strategic accounts to build partnerships
- Serve as a leadership escalation point of contact within region
- Drive and contribute to strategic Advisory Services initiatives
- Collaborate with regional team leads and CSI Leadership to prioritize investments
- Collaborate and plan with GTM leadership
- On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- 5+ years of experience in the CSI organization at Atlassian
- OR 10+ years managing a professional services delivery team
- 10 or more years of consultative and/or engagement management experience
- Passion for mentoring, coaching, and developing others
- Typically up to 30% including some international travel may be required.
- 15+ years of experience with SaaS companies
- 10+ years enterprise engagement management experience
- Customer discovery/interview skills
- Strong coaching skills
- Change management and solution rollout/adoption experience
- Comfortable speaking and influencing senior leadership inside at Atlassian and with clients
- Experience identifying and explaining themes from customer data
- Experience helping an organization adopt an Atlassian product or similar product
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.
You’ve got this!