Senior Executive Assistant to the Chief Technology Officer
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Our Leadership Operations team is a global team of over 60 Executive and Administrative Business Partners. Our mission is to Supercharge Atlassian leaders - unleashing their focus and productivity. Teamwork is at the core of everything we do and we work openly and collaboratively across the business.
Are you passionate about the Executive Assistant craft? Are you excited by leading and inspiring a team? Do you wish to join a TEAM of administrative professionals who are doing the best work of their lives? If so, this may be the perfect opportunity for you!
Join us! We're hiring a Senior Executive Assistant to the CTO. You are an experienced senior-level Executive Assistant with a background in supporting Engineering leaders at scale. Here, you'll act both as an EA, where you will partner with Atlassian's CTO, and as a Manager, where you will manage a team of EAs. You report to our Leadership Operations team.
Core EA Roles and Responsibilities, including:
- Deliver excellence in all foundational EA tasks - calendar management, email management, travel, expenses, and administration.
- Partner with your leader to manage their time and ensure they're well-prepped for all meetings.
- Partner with the Chief of Staff to stay in rhythm with priorities and actions.
- Be an essential bridge between your leader and their teams, quickly building trusted relationships.
- Participate in meetings, take notes, and lead action items.
- Run virtual and in-person events.
- Help draft communications on behalf of leaders - including presentations, blogs, emails, and review datasets (ex: engagement surveys) to create insightful reports.
- Lead/participate in ad hoc projects.
Team Lead Roles and Responsibilities, including:
- Lead with a continuous improvement mindset. Coordinate resources, and lead prioritization and planning according to leaders' priorities and operational goals.
- Manage a team of craft professionals, communicate priorities from the business, and collaborate on coverage planning.
- Provide coaching and support team members' growth through regular feedback and team skill development.
To be successful in this role:
- You're a strategic partner: You have successfully supported Engineering senior leaders in high-growth technology companies.
- You're a craft expert: You have experience planning remote and in-person events and meetings at scale. You work at speed and navigate new technologies and systems that make work more efficient.
- You're passionate about leading. You have a good sense of TEAM and experience leading a team to create high-impact partnerships with senior leaders.
- You can run with direction, and make judgment calls based on data and experience. You're a high performer and keen to drive impact. You have experience managing conflicting priorities and prioritizing demands, you focus on solutions, and you are comfortable navigating change and removing blockers.
- You have 10+ years of demonstrated experience in an Executive Assistant role, supporting senior leaders
- You have 2+ years of experience leading teams and creating engaged, motivated teams
Atlassian is a remote-first company, however, some roles require our team members to be located in specific time zones due to internal team needs. For our Senior Executive Assistant to the Chief Technology Officer role, our team is asking for applicants currently located in the Pacific Time Zone or Mountain Time Zone only to apply.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.
You’ve got this!