Applications for this job have closed. Try searching for similar jobs.
Principal Backend Engineer, Cloud Admin
Location: Mountain View, California
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or from an office (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Atlassian is looking for an experienced Principal Engineer to join our Cloud Administration team. This role involves the design, implementation, and operations of the services to strengthen the enterprise readiness of our cloud. Be a part of a high-energy and dynamic team that delivers incredible, creative improvements to our products. You'll often collaborate with other developers to write the best code for the project and deliver amazing results that our users love.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- Broad experience architecting, designing, and building large-scale distributed systems.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS with hands-on experience with one or more public cloud offerings (AWS, GAE, Oracle, Azure)
- At least 2 years of experience in creating and implementing RESTful micro-services serving millions of requests a day
- 5+ years of experience building software
- A passion for collaboration and strong communication skills
- Experience working with cloud-scale messaging, streaming, or storage systems
- Experience in operational requirements and common challenges of cloud-based systems
- Can work with remote teams (peers or customers)
It's great, but not required if you have:
- Experience working with agile software development methodologies (e.g., XP, scrum)
- Enterprise DNA
At Atlassian, we tie our base pay ranges to role and level. In the United States, that means your base pay ranges will fall into one of three geographic pay zones depending on your location. Our current base pay ranges for new hires in each zone are:
Zone A: $187,500 - $287,500
Zone B: $168,700 - $258,800
Zone C: $155,600 - $238,700
Within each range, base pay is ultimately determined based on your skills, expertise, and experience. This role may also be eligible for benefits, bonuses, commissions, and/or equity.
Please see here for more information on which locations are included in each of our geographic pay zones. However, please confirm the zone for your specific location with your recruiter.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.