Principal Site Reliability Engineer, Production Engineering
Location: Mountain View, California
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
We are looking for a reliability expert who is passionate about scaling Cloud services to join our growing MTV office. An ideal candidate is someone who is eager to learn new things, aware of current industry trends (particularly those related to reliability) and who loves to share their knowledge with others. Someone who thrives on working with a diverse set of partners, who can articulate the business impact of a problem and can also dive deep into the technical solution.
We'd love it if you brought a deep understanding of modern Cloud infrastructure, programming expertise, operational experience and a desire to change the status quo. We'll support you with robust backend systems, mature processes, and a motivated team with a strong desire to not f*** the customer. We're looking for an engineer who can analyze and help improve our services and processes to get us to an even higher level of reliability, performance, scalability, and cost efficiency. You'll achieve this by crossing team and functional boundaries to advocate for reliability methodologies and will work with a variety of platform, product and SRE teams to both build reliability into our platform and drive adoption of those practices into our products. In other words, you'll be the driving force for change!
This is an amazing opportunity for you to impact a broad number of Atlassian teams and services. If you crave variety, love building relationships with people and have a burning desire to make a difference, then this is the role for you!
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- Expertise with software development in languages like Java, Go and Python.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills, with experience developing and instilling a culture of operational maturity.
- Experience driving large, complex, cross-organizational initiatives from inception to completion.
- Hands on experience with public cloud offerings (AWS components like EC2, CloudFormation, IAM, RDS, S3, DynamoDB, Kinesis - or equivalents, e.g. in GCP)
- Experience operating high-availability, fault-tolerant, scalable, distributed software in production: building monitoring into your code, tweaking dashboards, defining alerts, writing run books, etc...
It would be great, but not mandatory, if you had:
- An ability and desire to mentor and coach engineers.
- Working knowledge of datastores (RDBMS, time-series-database, NoSql, search, analytics).
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.
You’ve got this!