Product Design Intern, 2023 Summer U.S.
Location: New York, New York
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Your future team
Atlassian is looking for Product Design Interns to join our growing Design teams in Australia, India and the US. Join Atlassian as an intern and spend your internship having an impact on how millions of users collaborate and use software. The most amazing thinkers—like NASA rocket scientists and Tesla engineers—are coming to us for solutions. We're in the business of developing software to help teams everywhere get amazing ideas on the ground and into the world. Sound like an exciting place to start your career? Here you'll be encouraged to use your imagination and try new things.
You'll join a team that is smart and very direct. We challenge each other to improve our work, learn, and ask hard questions. We're dedicated to Agile methodology and are big believers in 'lean' (which means we don't do documentation for documentation's sake). We know the importance of validating assumptions about users and use several types of testing to figure out whether we're right (or wrong). Our bottom line is improving our user's experience—no matter what.
Unfortunately, we do not offer U.S. work visa sponsorship to F-1/OPT, J-1/TN, or H-1B student graduates at this time.
What you'll do
- Gain valuable exposure to the design and product development process.
- Be mentored by our experienced designers in shaping your internship outcomes.
- Experience Atlassian's culture through our many companywide and cross-regional programs.
- Be able to commit to a full-time (40hrs / week) internship from May 2023 until August 2023 or June 2023 until September 2023
- Be currently enrolled in a full-time Bachelors, Masters program and graduating between December 2023 and June 2024
- Experience with user-focused design
- Demonstrate the ability to plan while juggling multiple simultaneous projects
- Experience collaborating with team members, like engineers and product managers, and other designers
- Please note: At this time, this role is only open to entry-level candidates with less than a year of professional experience (this does not include internships/co-ops)
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.
You’ve got this!