Manager - Corporate FP&A (Planning)
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Atlassian is hiring for our corporate finance team. You will be part of a team that acts as the “glue” across Finance to drive Atlassian’s continued success, and who are responsible for strategic, annual and quarterly operating planning for the entire company. You will work across our product groups and the Finance organization to drive the growth of our business. You will provide insightful recommendations to the Executive Team in support of our most strategic decisions and resource allocations.
This is a highly visible role in the organization with close partnership with senior business leaders across the company. The role is ideally suited if you are a passionate professional interested in developing an intimate understanding of the Atlassian business.
What You'll Be Doing
- As a Corporate FP&A Manager, you will lead the short-term planning function within Corporate FP&A, partnering with and providing direction to the broader FP&A team and senior business leaders.
- Your experience across both revenue and expenses, and thorough knowledge of the P&L, will enable you to guide the broader FP&A team to achieve our financial performance goals including operating margin targets.
- Your exceptional written communication will produce high quality materials for consideration by finance leadership and senior management to make company level decisions. This is backed by your well-honed presentation abilities, which allow you to convey complex issues concisely.
- Your expertise in financial modeling, strong analytical background, and thorough understanding of the Atlassian business will provide decision support to senior leaders across standard planning horizons and special projects.
- Your ability to build strong relationships, establish trust with business partners, and co-ordinate activities across teams will enable finance to operate efficiently and deliver outcomes in a timely fashion.
- Your enthusiasm for efficiency will drive you to improve existing processes and introduce changes that enable the team to scale.
- You will report to the Corporate Planning Manager, and also coach and develop junior team members.
- You will have a deep understanding of and influence the key drivers of the Atlassian organization.
- You will also work closely with the broader finance teams (IR, Controllership, Treasury etc), program management and strategy teams.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- 5+ years of experience in a financial/analytical role in tech, consulting, or investment banking.
- Extensive experience with Corporate FPA and managing/tracking business metrics.
- Hands-on and strong financial modeling skills in Excel/Google Sheets.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to explain financial data to non-finance partners.
- Excellent organization skills and experience managing projects with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Ability to draw upon insights and tell a compelling story involving business metrics to help influence key decisions.
- A curiosity to learn and take initiative to tackle problems independently.
- Strong critical thinking, organizational, interpersonal, communication and cross functional collaboration skills.
It's great, but not required of you have:
- Technology or Software / SaaS industry experience
- Hold a degree in Business, Economics or Finance
- Exposure to working with planning tools (e.g., Anaplan)
- Knowledge of BI tools and technologies (e.g. Tableau)
More about our benefit
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favorite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.
You’ve got this!