Applications for this job have closed. Try searching for similar jobs.
Head of HR Business Partners, Engineering
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Your future team
Atlassian has an exciting opportunity for a dynamic HR Business Partner Leader to provide strategic HR solutions. You will partner with the platform engineering organization, connecting business strategy and people priorities. You will lead an HRBP Team that partners with global leaders and their teams spanning across America, Europe and Asia. We are open to hiring in any U.S. timezone for this position.
Reporting into the Global Head of HRBPs- CTO Engineering organization, you will support functional leaders with the help of HR Enablement Partners, ER partners, and the COEs. As with all matrixed organizations, collaboration is necessary.
You are a strategic thinker, with the ability to pivot quickly to changing priorities and decisions. Being a TEAM company, the ability to collaborate and partner with teams to deliver outcomes enables success in this role. You will need to have deep HR craft knowledge, with practical experience implementing people initiatives in a fast scaling environment.
Atlassian is looking for someone who is passionate about delivering business impact and who truly understands the strategic value HR has in delivering a business unit's key objectives. Atlassian is at an unprecedented moment in their growth as they scale a company, much of which is predicated on continuing to build a world-class Engineering organization.
What you'll do
- Partner with executive leadership and their team, playing the role of a strategic advisor and team player.
- Identify, assess, and drive people priorities such as leadership development, workforce planning, improving DEI and engagement with a data-driven approach, aligning to the engineering team's objectives.
- Provide coaching for senior leaders to help them overcome people challenges.
- Anticipate changes in the pipeline to effectively design for a future-proof workforce and organizational structure.
- Form collaborative partnerships with the rest of HRBP team and COEs to understand the deliverables and impact to the group (Engineering) that you support.
- Be the representative of HR delivery to the leadership team including summarizing the programs that are being delivered in a simplified manner for understanding by the 'end users'.
- Be the voice of strategic needs to help shape COE roadmaps and change readiness for our programs.
- Report out regular metrics on the aligned workforce.
- 8+ years of HRBP experience.
- Experience working in the technology sector supporting Engineering organizations
- Demonstrated experience leading HRBP teams.
- Experience managing senior leaders, including executive communications and change management
- Effective translating ideas into execution plans and delivery.
- Ability to pivot quickly to changing priorities and communicate change in an organized and effective way.
- Knowledge of people processes eg. talent management philosophies, compensation programs (base salary, bonus programs, equity programs).
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.