Full Stack Software Engineer, Community
Location: Mountain View, California
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Atlassian is looking for a motivated, thoughtful web developer to join the Community team, part of the Marketing Technology group, on our mission to build a dynamic social platform for our massive customer base. Newly launched in April 2017, the Atlassian Community serves as the central hub for support, discussion, and idea exchange for millions of Atlassian end users, solution partners, Marketplace vendors, user group leaders, and others — and we're just getting started.
As a member of our growing team, you will
- Work closely with our product manager, community manager, designers, and developers to scope, build, and ship new features on community.atlassian.com
- Become a technical authority in our base platform (Lithium) and extend its functionality with new front-end code and service integrations written on AWS infrastructure
- Expand the capacity and efficiency of our community manager and community support engineers by building and deploying custom internal tools
- Run experiments, improve behavioral and operational data instrumentation, and help enable decisions based on trusted metrics
- Familiarize yourself with the diverse range of Community use cases and develop a deep understanding of our user base
You might be a good fit if
- You have 2+ years of experience as a web developer or front-end engineer
- You write elegant, responsive, cross-browser compliant HTML & Sass
- You've contributed to and managed shared codebases using Git
- You're familiar with React, jQuery, vanilla JS, Node.js, and tools like Grunt or Gulp
- You know your way around enterprise CMSs, online community platforms, or comparable systems
- You consider yourself a strong, open communicator with unflinching attention to detail
- You love participating in online communities yourself
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.
You’ve got this!