Senior People Technology Workday Security Lead
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Our People Technology Team is comprised of people with backgrounds in product management, program management, engineering, configuration, automation, reporting, and consulting. We are responsible for the all technology involved in the hire to retire lifecycle with a goal of delivering delightful experiences for all personas.
We're hiring a Senior Security Lead, reporting to the Senior Manager of People Technology. You are an HR security expert and understand Workday security inside out. You willbe leading the architecture, configuration, and governance of security groups, roles, and permissions in our global Workday HCM system with a heavy focus on automation. In addition, you will design the security architecture for all our other HR technologies, assist with compliance audits, and help implement data privacy related policies including data retention rules. You will also serve as a mentor and educator to other members of the People Technology team.
What You'll Do:
- Experience implementing, configuring, automating, and supporting Workday Security
- Influence other HR system security elements derived from Workday (ex. ATS, LMS)
- Develop and maintain an HR security strategy by identifying priorities and capabilities
- Proactively identify security process improvement opportunities
- Serve as technical subject matter expert to communicate security risks and consult on best practices for remediation.
- Build and maintain documentation of best practices for managing security for our HR platforms
- Conduct security reviews in coordination with Internal Audit
- Facilitate remediation/mitigation efforts as identified by internal reviews and 3rd party external assessments
- Work with the Data Privacy team to implement GDPR, CCPA, DTIA policies, processes, workflows, and automations to ensure compliance
- Collaborate with the Workplace Technology Team to manage the Workday to SailPoint integration
- Serve as an escalation point for critical issue resolution
- Build/edit security related reports and dashboards
- 5+ years of Workday security implementation/configuration support experience.
- Experience with Core HCM, Business Processes, Reports, Calc Fields, and integrations framework
- Previously completed Workday security related trainings, certifications, or equivalent
- Understand HR system security features and controls, data privacy regulations, and industry best practices
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.
You’ve got this!