Head of Content Marketing, Work Management
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Work Management is one of three market focal points for Atlassian, alongside DevOps and IT Service Management. We are looking for a visionary content marketing leader to impact our category presence, customer acquisition, and integrated efforts spanning multiple go-to-market teams. You will own content strategy and execution across the work management market, and shape the portfolio of investments to drive Atlassian’s next chapter of growth. The product suite for Work Management includes Trello, Confluence, Atlas, and Jira Work Management.
As the Head of Content Marketing for Work Management, you will be responsible for developing and implementing the overall content strategy based on our market goals and objectives. This includes establishing a predictable, efficient, and scalable model for organic and paid customer acquisition as Atlassian goes wall-to-wall with its solution across business teams. Additionally, the future of work presents a tremendous opportunity in developing a market-leading perspective to help guide the evolution of global teams. You’ll be a leading force in developing thought leadership to make this happen.
You will join Atlassian’s Work Management marketing leadership team, and collaborate closely with teams across product, marketing, and sales. As a part of the leadership team, you’ll bring big, bold, and different ideas to the table. You’ll be passionate about building the scope and impact of content marketing. And you’re just as interested in growing and investing in the careers of others as you are your own.
- Growing organic and paid customer acquisition by impacting awareness, conversion, and retention
- Evolving Atlassian’s work management category leadership to drive the next stage of growth
- Building meaningful engagement strategies to connect with business teams throughout their buyer journeys
- Establishing a content marketing foundation that can 10x in scale within an accelerated timeframe
- Creating strong strategic partnerships with an amazing group of cross-functional partners
Head of Content Marketing Responsibilities:
- This role will own the content strategy, initiatives, and outcomes with a north star of growing the work management business.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive content marketing strategy that drives key metrics across the user lifecycle from awareness, to acquisition, activation and retention.
- Create and manage a team editorial calendar for content planning and production, and perform regular audits for content gap analysis
- Align content market efforts with powerful integrated marketing campaigns to drive customer growth and wall-to-wall adoption of Atlassian’s products
- Oversee a wide-spanning range of content including articles, guides, customer stories, newsletters, and community posts to target segments of knowledge workers and business teams
- Recruit, enable, and activate leaders within the organization and across the broader Atlassian community to share and produce content, representing the Work Management market
- Leverage our marketing analytics and SEO teams to make data-driven decisions about current and future approaches that will best serve to address our audience's pain points
- Deliver detailed content marketing analysis that includes meaningful and actionable insights around how content is driving customer adoption and success
Head of Content Marketing Requirements:
- 10+ years of experience in full stack content marketing
- 5+ years of experience in a content marketing / integrated marketing leadership role
- Proven experience defining categories and building audiences through business-impacting content marketing
- Demonstrable impact in scaling content marketing functions and acquisition engines in prior experiences
- Ability to balance the art of storytelling with the science of data analysis
- Leadership-level expertise within SEO and digital engagement Channels
- Extensive experience with agency management and partnerships
- Experience building testing and optimization systems and processes to drive engagement
- Experience in SaaS and B2B a huge plus
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.
You’ve got this!