Director of Mid-Market Sales, Americas
Location: Austin, Texas
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Atlassian is revolutionizing the software development industry and helping teams all around the world like NASA, Tesla, Daimler, and Amadeus to advance humanity through the power of software & collaboration. We're looking for a dynamic sales leader to further develop and lead our Enterprise Advocate organization in the Americas region. With over 200,000 customers worldwide, our global Enterprise Advocate team engages Atlassian's largest customers, representing Atlassian's enterprise product portfolio, including JIRA, Confluence, Jira Service Management, and Jira Align.
Our non-traditional sales org is responsible for the expansion of enterprise products into the above-mentioned customers. As a second-line sales leader, you'll continue to develop a comprehensive sales and account engagement strategy that prioritizes important performance measures for your team of four front-line Sales Managers—achieving sales OKR's and revenue targets.
You will compile and review quantitative sales data and react to changing trends or new competitive threats and opportunities. Success will be dependent on your ability to work in close coordination with our Sales Operations team, our Marketing and Channel sales organizations (including external Solutions Partners), and other important partners across Atlassian's management team. You will report to the Head of Strategic Advocates in the Americas.
We are looking for someone who leads, collaborates, and inspires teams inside and outside of our direct sales organization. You must be achievement orientated and have an ability to collaborate with Atlassian Solution Partners, cross functional business partners, and of course, customers. Atlassian is a TEAM first organization, and you must be someone who can contribute in an environment that prides itself on its open, honest, and supportive culture. You have 5-7 years of sales management experience with experience developing sales organizations in the Americas. Before anything else, you are someone who wants to challenge the traditional sales model and improve sales processes in a supportive, transparent environment. Running the same play that worked at your prior company is most likely not going to work at Atlassian. You will play an important part in helping us build the next generation of our enterprise business model.
What we're looking for:
- 5-7 years of sales management experience in a B2B sales environment
- Experience leading sales teams of around 20 people
- Experience managing and developing front-line Sales Managers
- Experience developing go-to-market strategies and corporate sales plans
- Experience working with a channel sales organization
- Experience leading strategic customer relationships and sales opportunities (e.g. 6-figure transactions w/ existing accounts)
- Experience coaching individual contributor and manager performance against well defined expectations
- Experience leading across a variety of teams, including SalesOps, Enablement, SEs, Renewals, and XDRs
- Experience using a modern CRM to develop team performance metrics
- Experience hiring and onboarding sales representatives and sales managers
- Experience building territories in the Americas market
- In-depth knowledge of local (AMER) markets
- Background in meeting performance targets
- Experience selling complex SaaS solutions to Dev/IT/Agile audiences
- Experience in a "non-traditional" sales environment (i.e. uniquely customer-centric, collaborative, account-based selling methods)
- Keen understanding of the value behind migrating from on-prem/server/perpetual licensing to a cloud-based SaaS platform
- Experience working within both startup and mature corporate environments
- Familiarity with Atlassian's industry-leading ecosystem and flywheel expansion growth model
The Enterprise Advocacy team was established in the summer of 2014 to help support customers who want to scale their investment in Atlassian. The team is comprised of Enterprise Advocates specializing in Atlassian's suite of Enterprise products and services. Those on the team have a collective experience in Sales and Management roles in both well-established Fortune 500 companies as well as exciting startups. We share a desire to achieve our goals, but above all, we believe in the Atlassian values and want to use them as our compass in always refining and optimizing our non-traditional sales model, one that redefines how software is sold in the Enterprise!
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.
You’ve got this!