Senior Full Stack Software Engineer, Data Engineering
Location: Mountain View, California
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Are you passionate about building elegant systems that can power Atlassian products with modern big data technologies? We are looking for a Senior Fullstack Software Engineer to join our Data Engineering Team and build world-class data solutions to power Atlassian products and develop internal systems to help Atlassians make crucial business decisions. You will have ample opportunities to interact with business stakeholders and solve complex data problems. You will see first-hand how your work makes a difference to the users of Atlassian.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- MS/BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related subject.
- 8+ years of experience in designing and building a production-level data or web application.
- Experience in building frontend and backend web applications from the ground up using modern technologies – from partnering with product management on requirement gathering and prioritization to designing, building, deployment and end-to-end ownership
- Experience architecting and building scalable data products
- Proven experience with Java, Spring, Hibernate, Rest APIs, AWS, Docker, SQL, Microservices
- Knowledge of continuous integration and deployment tools (e.g. Git, Maven, Gradle, Bamboo, Jenkins)
- Experience in mentoring and coaching teammates.
- Ability to collaborate effectively on ideas and designs with some of the best architects and developers at Atlassian.
- Good communication skills; an ability to explain and presentto both technical and business audiences.
- Quality-oriented mindsetand proven experience with testing practices and philosophy.
- Excellent troubleshooting, debugging, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Strong leadership skills to plan and work towards the team’s long term goals and roadmaps
It's great, but not required if you have:
- Experience working with data management and MarTech platforms
- Knowledge working on Amazon Web Services (in particular using S3, SQS, Kinesis, Glue, and the like)
- Proficient in SQL and prior knowledge about distributed compute (spark)
- Self-starter and possesses strong self-motivation.
- Proven ability to drive cross-team technical discussions and decision making.
- Experience working across partner engineering teams and managing relationships
- Design and develop APIs / SDKs to collect, clean and protect our customers data which forms the backbone for analytics, segmentation, targeting and a lot more.
- Unify customers’ touch points across all platforms / channels to create a single view fo the customer
- Mentor, coach, and guide other developers in the team via pair programming, tech design reviews, code reviews, brownbag sessions etc.
- Participate in all aspects of the project life-cycle, from ideation to specification to release.
- Partner with engineering teams to build user-friendly, scalable tools, and infrastructure to test and release software quickly.
More about our team
Data is a BIG deal at Atlassian. We ingest over 180 billion events each month into our analytics platform and we have dozens of teams across the company driving their decisions and guiding their operations based on the data and services we provide.
It’s the data engineering teams job is to empower Atlassians to be increasingly data-driven and facilitate company growth. We do this by providing metrics and other data elements which are reliable and trustworthy, as well as services and data products to help democratize data and increase time to (reliable) insight.
You’ll be joining a team with a brand new mission. There will be plenty of challenges and scope to grow. We value when people ask hard questions and challenge each other to constantly improve our work. We are independent but love highly collaborative team environments, so you'll get the opportunity to work with lots of other awesome people just like you. We're all about enabling teams to execute growth and customer retention strategies by providing the right data frameworks and tools.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.
You’ve got this!