Content Designer, Bitbucket Cloud
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Have you ever found yourself rewriting onboarding tours, in-app tips, or product tutorials in your head? If you can explain complex features within tiny amounts of product real estate and communicate value in compelling, clear, and effective help articles, come join Atlassian's Content Design team!
We're hiring a Content Designer to join our Bitbucket Cloud team, someone who's ready to not only own the information experience for Bitbucket, but also contribute to and help drive projects that benefit the larger DevOps strategic space here at Atlassian.
In other words, this isn’t a traditional technical writing or UX writing role. As part of the Atlassian Design team, you will:
- Deliver effective UX writing and longer form explanatory content (documentation, how-to articles, tutorials, etc.) for Bitbucket on time and with quality against an agile and frequent product release schedule.
- Work closely with the design, PM, marketing, and training teams to understand customer insights, the purpose of features and how best to explain them to the right audience.
- Refine and drive content strategy, and apply the Atlassian voice and tone in a way that drives engagement with Bitbucket users.
When you join the team, you’d be expected to have:
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- A love for user content and UX (long-form content, documentation, and microcopy)
- Experience working with product managers, engineers, designers, marketing, and customer service teams
- A proven track record of working in and managing projects in an agile, fast-paced environment
- An understanding of how content drives business objectives
- 2+ years of professional UX writing and/or technical writing experience
And ideally, we’d hope you’d have:
- A knack for creatively engaging with audiences
- Experience using design thinking and design processes (critique, user journeys, personas) to improve or validate your work
- Consumer and enterprise content experience
- Experience in building out writing and design guidelines
Show us something:
- Along with your resume, send or point us to examples or a portfolio of your work. Ideally, send us work that shows us your UX writing and documentation experience.
More about our team:
- Content Designers at Atlassian look at the way we communicate with our customers as an end-to-end journey. We consider content to be a powerful and essential part of that journey. Our content experts work collaboratively across Atlassian to champion our design language, tell consistent stories, and craft great customer experiences.
- Read more at Designing Atlassian.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.
You’ve got this!