Senior Full Stack Software Engineer, Technology Innovation
Location: Austin, Texas
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Atlassian is looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer to join our Technology Innovation team. This is a role for developers who have a thirst for trying out new technologies, programming languages, frameworks and applications and working on greenfield project to solve interesting problems. If you’re a software developer who naturally leans towards being a generalist or ‘jack of all trades’, this may be a rare opportunity to leverage your talents to their absolute fullest. For the role, you’ll be tasked with delivering innovative solutions that not only delight internal customers but also improve the products we sell to our end customers.
About the Team
The Technology Innovation team is an internal incubator within Atlassian. The team researches emerging technologies (think VR, blockchain, AI and automation to name a few) to deliver new internal product ideas and solutions that help Atlassian achieve their goals. This is an exciting time to join the Team and help us scale what was just an idea in the recent past!
Does this sound exciting to you? You might be the person we’re looking for!
- Define and drive the overall team’s strategic vision and architecture, such as incubation roadmap and technology selection
- Support business and technology innovation that drives the organization's top and bottom lines
- Evaluate a myriad of different technologies (SaaS, open source, custom builds, and hybrids of the preceding) against real world business problems faced by multiple teams
- Build MVP to demonstrate technology in action
- Determine how to best deploy and operationalize selected technologies at scale
- Work with cross-functional teams to deploy solutions and bring stakeholders up to speed
- Build out deployment pipelines (CI/CD) and integrations to SaaS platforms
- Regularly work with different technologies with which you may be completely unfamiliar with
- Participate in mock RFPs to evaluate new Atlassian products and features
- Develop solutions that extend Atlassian products through marketplace apps, forge plugins or via 2nd/3rd party integrations
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Proficiency in Java, Python and SQL
- Strong microservice knowledge using Springboot (cloud stack), REST Standards
- Have expertise in large distributed systems, legacy experience is considered an asset
- Hands-on experience with public cloud offerings (e.g., AWS, GCS, Azure)
- Familiarity with the Atlassian Product portfolio
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written skills and the ability to interact with all level of stakeholders, support personnel, and clients
- Strong documentation, analytical and problem-solving skills
- CI/CD knowledge and able to configure the same
- A mindset for innovation and taking calculated risks
- Experience leading large-scale transformation projects and implementations
- Experience with designing and developing digital solutions architectures that support business requirements
- Knowledge of existing, new, and emerging technologies and being able to apply them to new business designs and business models
It’s awesome, but not required to have:
- Used Bamboo, Jira & Confluence
- A strong DevOps background
- Exposure to Docker and Kubernetes
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.
You’ve got this!