Principal, Business Objective Manager, Team
Location: Austin, Texas
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
We’re looking for our next amazing Business Objective Manager [BOM] to help us achieve scalable transformation for our Customer Support Services [CSS] organization. As part of the CSS Business Transformation Team, the Business Objective Manager is critical for us to deliver scale to to the technical side of our business through process and tooling advancements. Are you passionate about strategic problem solving and driving a cross-functional team to deliver success? Then we need you!
In this role, you’ll be responsible for driving technical, strategic thinking across the Team portfolio to elevate and improve the scale of our global support operations business and improve our customer experience. You’ll work closely with IT, business analysts, program managers, operation managers, and developers in a cross-functional team. Your role will be to drive the team strategy towards a measurable goal, helping the team to have a clear picture of where we are and where we are going in order to provide a stable tooling environment that can withstand our growth.
You will drive strategic results for key Atlassian technical business needs and see a tangible impact on our internal and external customers. You will do this through AI, technical process improvements, and improving and adding to our tooling portfolio to deliver successful outcomes.
What you are accountable for:
- Define tooling objectives and key results while driving our team strategy to new levels by continuous ideation and process improvement.
- Achieve our key results that drive scale and quality in our global support operations team
- Determine the appropriate strategy, priorities, and trade-offs to execute against those objectives.
- Develop technical strategies to scale our solutions for our engineers and leaders.
- Build a 1-3 year roadmap that supports us successfully meeting the fiscal year key result expectations and our 5 year growth plan.
- Advise the technical program management team on the right solutions for the right results and the right time.
- Interface with other teams at Atlassian who are leading changes in the business, with the intent of understanding how our CSS organization should incorporate or influence
- Influence our CSS leadership team with strategic initiatives informed by both internal and external inputs
- Interface with other teams at Atlassian who are leading changes in the business, with the intent of understanding how our CSS organization should incorporate or influence.
- Influence our CSS leadership team with strategic initiatives informed by both internal and external inputs.
More about you:
- You value high-quality work with attention to detail and have a track record of delivering both. You combine curiosity, judgment, humility, and drive, and like asking "why" to unravel a seemingly complex problem and get to the root cause. You engender a collaborative environment where teams work together to solve problems with a positive outlook.
- When you encounter a problem, you come up with multiple solutions, weigh the tradeoffs and efforts, identify the best path forward, and exercise good judgment to drive ahead. You have experience leading organizational change and turning information and questions into action. You're effectively interacting with people across all levels of an organization and can field questions during a presentation like a pro.
- You learn quickly to be impactful in new areas to keep pace with our rapid growth and evolution. You can take an ambiguous assignment and deliver value quickly. You employ multiple tools, methods, and techniques to get things done.
On your first day we'll expect you to have:
- 10+ years of relevant professional experience in product management, strategy management, program management, or business analysis.
- Experience building a program from scratch, developing a strategy informed by research.
- Demonstrated ability to move ideas into concrete tactics, including anticipating challenges and helping programs get unblocked.
- It's great, but not required, to have experience working in a dynamic software company with operations and support teams located in different geographies.
More about our team
- We are a growing business transformation team located in multiple regions across the globe. We challenge each other constantly to improve our work and ask hard questions. We're direct, focused, and demand excellence, but there's laughter in every meeting because we thoroughly enjoy the work we do and the impact it has. We're constantly growing, learning, adapting, and trying new approaches. BBQ, tacos, and coffee are a few of our favorite things!
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.
You’ve got this!